Amazon tried to send me a used instead of new
4768 21 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United States

I have been a pilot for 6 years, long enough to know that even the smallest crashes can cause internal issues. When you think you're buying a new, never used product, and there is no indication stating otherwise on the Amazon description, it's annoying when you receive a visibly used and crashed drone.
FYI, Amazon linked here:
https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy  

The packaging was my first sign they sent a used drone, and i checked the propellers for damage.

What a waste of time, i packed this up 15 minutes after receiving and shipped it back.

20210128_134723.jpg
20210128_135201.jpg
2021-1-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

of course it is used, you don't need to go inside the box to learn this since it's labeled that way on the outside of the box.

amazon listings are somewhat cluttered and the new vs. not new tag is not always found in the description.  you can't simply read the description and if it doesn't say "used" think that it is therefore "new."  doesn't work that way.

are you sure you didn't click on the button that ships from the "amazon warehouse" which is filled to the brim with used product?  LOL

ultimately it doesn't matter since it was obviously an amazon mistake.  with amazon, all product is able to be returned and/or exchanged for a full and timely refund with no fees...even ships for free.  in fact, if you are really inconvenienced, you can call and get an inconvenience credit.  too bad you returned it so early, many buyers who don't have a lot of money to spend would love to know the details or review about a used drone, especially the one you received which appears to be "used - good."
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2021-1-28
Use props
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
United States

I thought about flying it real quick just to test it out, but I started reading other reviews on the same Amazon product. It seems some of these were the returned drones that were swapped out with the Refresh program, and the warranty started with the ORIGINAL purchase date, so I wouldn't be able to get my full year.

Plus, if something went wrong and I also damaged it, that would use up one of my 2 Refresh replacements. I decided to not chance it and just send it back.

The funny thing is, I clicked a link from the DJI website taking me right to the Amazon store, so I assumed this is how they were directing sales now.

I've returned it already, and I've bought another from the legit DJI store again, but this time it didn't send me to Amazon. So I fully expect this to be a new, never used item.
2021-1-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

well, if you paid full price for a new drone combo package, you certainly should receive one.  dji.com doesn't sell new drone fmc at a discounted price from what i understand; care refresh notwithstanding.
2021-1-28
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

When you buy an “Amazon Warehouse” item, sold at discount, you know it is used.  Makes no sense to complain about getting exactly what you ordered.  That said, they still accept returns and the condition of that is unacceptable.  You were right to send it back. But don’t blame Amazon for sending you the used item because that is what you paid for..
2021-1-28
Use props
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
United States

Fellas, fellas. It wasn't discounted. I paid $1100 for the Mavic Air 2 fly more package wit h DJI Care Refresh.

This is why I refused to accept a used item.

I'm not sure where you guys get the idea I got some kind of discount.
2021-1-28
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

We get that idea because it had an “Amazon Warehouse” sticker on it   So either you ordered that, which would have included a hefty discount, or they simply shipped the wrong item.  Either way, they accept returns so what’s all the drama about?  If they shipped the wrong item, send it back (which you did) and they’ll refund or replace.  Not a big deal, so stop playing victim for a mistake that is easily fixed.
2021-1-28
Use props
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
United States

Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to an Amazon diplomat here. Please accept my apologies.

I realize it was totally my fault paying full price for a used item. It was foolish of me to warn others. Hope I didn't take too much of your time.
2021-1-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

no problem, you can help warn others if you could please post the amazon link or the dji store link where you purchased from.  perhaps there is an error that the merchant needs to be alerted to.  no reputable merchant would intentionally try to sell you a beat up used drone if you paid for a new one so i would approach it from that perspective.
2021-1-28
Use props
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
United States

I'm just warning anybody, when they buy from DJI's Amazon store:

But when my order arrives next week again, the first thing I'm checking is the propellers. The usual case for a returned drone is from somebody crashing it, trying to sneak it back to the store saying they changed their mind.

For you Mavic Air 2 owners, I assume there are some stickers on the body I can look for, or some sign that it is a new/ never used item? Aside from connecting it and checking the flight logs, of course. But just right out of the box, are there other signs I can check for?

I've just been super skeptical about used drones in my experience, sometimes a crash can mess up the compass or something else hidden.

Cheers.
2021-1-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cients Posted at 1-28 15:50

You just chosed the wrong heading!

Everyone knows that warehouse deals mean used goods ...
2021-1-29
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Amazon has on of the best return policies.  Don't just print a label and return it.  Contract Amazon support and explain what happened.  They will more than likely ship a New Mavic Air 2 to you as soon as your tracking number is scanned into the shipping carrier's system.
2021-1-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

in order for any dji drone to fly, it must be activated.  if you don't personally activate your new drone, that might be a warning sign
2021-1-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Obviously!  Okay, you are now set to receive a "NEW" one, but what about YOUR wasted time and effort?  Is that not worth something to you?  Analyze this problem and guard against it in the future/
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

frankymusik Posted at 1-29 08:52
You just chosed the wrong heading!

Everyone knows that warehouse deals mean used goods ...

Dear fellow pilot frankymusik,

It was not me, but thank you anyway.
2021-1-29
Use props
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
United States

I officially received a NEW unit, arrived today straight from DJI, stickers and everything! As this one came from DJI, and not their Amazon source listed here, I'm not sure what the difference is, or why they link to Amazon on this page as an official source to buy.

But a word of advice, buy from DJI's cart instead.

Before you need to activate and check everything out, the stickers are usually a good sign that it is new.

Cheers.

20210202_130137.jpg
2021-2-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

^welcome to the internet and online ordering, justin.  

glad you were able to get a new drone.  hope you enjoy it, the ma2 is top of the class!
2021-2-2
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Don’t they have the A and B backasswards on that drone?
Nope, I checked the manual, I believe the A and B indicate blades not an unfold sequence.
My mistake, apologies.
2021-2-2
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

justin_mcvideo Posted at 2-2 12:29
I officially received a NEW unit, arrived today straight from DJI, stickers and everything! As this one came from DJI, and not their Amazon source listed here, I'm not sure what the difference is, or why they link to Amazon on this page as an official source to buy.

That definitely looks better.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_HqMKC3Ns6enA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124045 ft
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2021-1-28 20:26
We get that idea because it had an “Amazon Warehouse” sticker on it   So either you ordered that, which would have included a hefty discount, or they simply shipped the wrong item.  Either way, they accept returns so what’s all the drama about?  If they shipped the wrong item, send it back (which you did) and they’ll refund or replace.  Not a big deal, so stop playing victim for a mistake that is easily fixed.

I believe you must be special.
2022-3-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

djiuser_HqMKC3Ns6enA Posted at 3-14 19:12
I believe you must be special.

Internet Explorer?
2022-3-15
Use props