Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Can you please look at my video trying to show foucus issue when camera is facing downwards. is this normal?
i sometimes have had jello effect when camera facing fully downwards which is intermittant.
I have just replaced all the props and still have issues. the gimbal is not stuck and mounts are normal.
What do yiu guys think?

thanks
2021-1-29
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

I don't see anything wrong with this, it looks perfectly fine and normal. There is nothing out of focus at all.
2021-1-29
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Looks fine...but be too subtle for my eyes.
2021-1-29
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I don't see any focus issue.
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks all whom have commented it is in foucus mainly but if you look carefully you will see a shift in clarity.when the drone is moving around trying the hold position, take a look at top of neighbours shed roof for example on the left hand side of the video it is in focus and sharp then goes a little blurry and off focus and the grass in my garden does the same?
Appreicate you views though and thanks
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

If you mean the unfocused terrain at the 13th second of the video, I think that it is due to the fact that the camera is focusing the roof. Only afterwards it focuses on the ground.
Nothing wrong, only 2 objects at different heights that cause the slight defocusing from the roof to the ground.
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 1-29 15:01
If you mean the unfocused terrain at the 13th second of the video, I think that it is due to the fact that the camera is focusing the roof. Only afterwards it focuses on the ground.
Nothing wrong, only 2 objects at different heights that cause the slight defocusing from the roof to the ground.

Thanks for that so does the mini 2 focus on the nearest object only threfore other parts out of focus. if so i didnt know. i though the whole scene would be same focus
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

realstreetuk Posted at 1-29 15:12
Thanks for that so does the mini 2 focus on the nearest object only threfore other parts out of focus. if so i didnt know. i though the whole scene would be same focus

In fact, I am not sure also.
Let me check with my Mini 2 and will tell you.
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 1-29 15:27
In fact, I am not sure also.
Let me check with my Mini 2 and will tell you.

ok thanks will be interesting
2021-1-29
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Surely it's fixed focus. They typically say 1m to infinity. But there is no focus ring. Those lenses are not moving. Lol
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

Skynet5 Posted at 1-29 15:42
Surely it's fixed focus. They typically say 1m to infinity. But there is no focus ring. Those lenses are not moving. Lol

Probably you are right, but can't you notice a defocusing after the 13th second?
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 1-29 15:42

thats true. i know when panning you get motion blur and when it stops it is perfectly clear but seems i have motion blur when camera is facing fully downwards and drone hovering but flucuates from clear to blurry whilst hovering?
2021-1-29
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 1-29 15:48
Probably you are right, but can't you notice a defocusing after the 13th second?

You know. Watching on a bigger screen I can. I'm not sure if it's focus or some bitrate issue tbh.
Correction: notice op says it's when camera is pointing down. I'm gonna try this at the weekend. Although I did a roof inspection recently and didn't notice this.

2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 1-29 15:54
You know. Watching on a bigger screen I can. I'm not sure if it's focus or some bitrate issue tbh.
Correction: notice op says it's when camera is pointing down. I'm gonna try this at the weekend. Although I did a roof inspection recently and didn't notice this.

it is when camera is -90 fully downwards.
its strange as on older mini firmware i had no problem. its only when i installed the latest firmware
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You know. Watching on a bigger screen I can. I'm not sure if it's focus or some bitrate issue tbh.

Please let me know when you have tried it this weekend
thanks
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

2021-1-29
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see mostly a bitrate/delay problem while moving..
Also, it is a bit "dark" so the ISO, etc might be high and changing.... affecting the perceived focus as it moves/adjusts? Try again when better light and/or manual settings. The sensor in the Mini2 is bad with low light
As stated above, the Mini2 is fixed focus so nothing actually moves as designed ....Now, that does not rule out if something is loose
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 1-29 16:08
I see mostly a bitrate/delay problem while moving..
Also, it is a bit "dark" so the ISO, etc might be high and changing.... affecting the perceived focus as it moves/adjusts? Try again when better light and/or manual settings. The sensor in the Mini2 is bad with low light
As stated above, the Mini2 is fixed focus so nothing actually moves as designed ....Now, that does not rule out if something is loose

Oh right thanks for that. It was in auto i think. I will try in manual mode when i get chance to see how it goes
2021-1-29
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

realstreetuk Posted at 1-29 16:08
Please let me know when you have tried it this weekend
thanks

What was the res and FPS you filmed at?

Depending on weather I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.
2021-1-29
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 1-29 17:05
What was the res and FPS you filmed at?

Depending on weather I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Hi
4k 30 and on auto
2021-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The mini 2 is fixed focus.
2021-1-30
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

realstreetuk Posted at 1-29 17:24
Hi
4k 30 and on auto

Weather was terrible today. Maybe tomorrow.
2021-1-30
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 1-30 13:42
Weather was terrible today. Maybe tomorrow.

yeah i know see what tomorrow is like .
thanks for trying
2021-1-30
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

Skynet5 Posted at 2021-1-29 15:42

How a drone with a fixed focus lens (like mini2 and Air2s I assume) can focus? does it mean it is done digitally?
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules