Cannot open/ edit RAW file from P3P in photos for MAC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jin15
lvl.2

Japan

Hi all,

I've taken some RAW pics from my Phantom 3 pro. When I insert the memory card into my Imac desktop, It's saying DNG file is not supportive so I can't even view my photos. I'm sure there is a way. If anyone knows the answer to this can you please give me some advice. If i import them into photos, still can't view or edit them.

I know it's not the problem from my computer because i have the fully upgraded imac desktop 5k version.

Thanks in advance!
2015-7-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

How about you send the files to support? If they cannot view them, the files might be corrupted.
2015-7-6
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-7-7 15:53
How about you send the files to support? If they cannot view them, the files might be corrupted.

I can open them up in Adobe CS just fine.
2015-7-7
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

PhotoShop CS5 and PhotoMechanic work fine. What program are you using to attempt to open the DNG files? New file types from new cameras almost always require a software update or new plugin.
2015-7-7
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Raw images with the adobe DNG format can only be opened in special software to edit raw files. Adobe has the Camera Raw program to edit raw pictures. I doubt that these images can be opened or edited on a standard mac computer without Adobe or other special software for editing raw files.
2015-7-7
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think Apple have implemented support for the file format as they have done with Canons CR2 or Sony ARW for example. But they do open fine in Lightroom and Photoshop.
2015-7-7
Use props
editfx
lvl.2

United States

Look for a fee RAW file viewer online, download and see if it will open your files.
P3 DNG files require a fairly new version of Adobe's Camera Raw software so older versions of programs like Photoshop may not support them.
You may be able to upgrade just the Camera Raw part of whatever software you're using but then many older versions won't support a newer version of a Camera Raw.
One easy solution is to buy Photoshop Elements 13, currently the latest version.  Then you can open the files as well as work on them, save as jpg's, etc.
It's under $80 so while not free it's fairly cheap, especially if you plan on shooting a lot of Raw files, which I would recommend you do.
2015-7-7
Use props
clive.cook67
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had the exact problem last week even though my macbook had no problem before. I put the same sd card in my andri
2015-7-7
Use props
clive.cook67
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sorry for the above post fat finger moment. start again, I had the exact problem last week but when I put the same sd card in my Android tablet the photos openened no problem. what I did format the sd card then took some kore photos and heh presyo my mac could then open them, hope this helps.
2015-7-7
Use props
Jin15
lvl.2

United States

Thank you all for you response, RAW files from my PHantom 3 pro do not open up in PHOTOS for MAC. I understand installing additional software in order to view/ edit them but I took RAW pics from my Nikon D7000 dslr camera and it works fine in PHOTOS. The RAW files on the P3P also do not open up in Adobe Lightroom for me. I'll contact support and go from there.
2015-7-8
Use props
dmurray
New

Jin15 Posted at 2015-7-9 08:59
Thank you all for you response, RAW files from my PHantom 3 pro do not open up in PHOTOS for MAC. I  ...

did you ever figure it out? My RAW pictures from Phantom 3 were imported to Photos App then deleted from my SD card. Now I can't get them out of Photos.
2016-7-13
Use props
fansbe948475
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1564911 ft
Belgium

Did you ever get a solution?
2017-2-13
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can get a cheap monthly $10 subscription you get both Photoshop and Lightroom ...   They let you have a FREE 1 mth fully working trial!!
2017-2-13
Use props
p3pdoc
New
Flight distance : 61273 ft
United States

I don't know if this is the right location but I have a question.  I downloaded my videos from my p3p memory card to my MacBook pro, iPhoto.  I then transferred the video to my iphone 6. When I go into DJI GO to edit the photos, by using Editor, I can find the video. I try to import Local Videos the videos are not in the folder marked Camera Roll which seems to be the only folder available when trying to import.?  Any ideas. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get videos off the p3p memory card to my iphone to use Editor.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules