OSMO action nightlapse
1983 1 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XV-88
lvl.1

Netherlands

I don't want to buy the competitor's product but the competition has a useful feature that the Osmo action is missing.
I'd like to take timelapses which show day-to-night sequences. Currently, the Osmo Action is unable to do this, but I feel that with a software adjustment it will be possible.

Facts:

>The osmo action does great night timelapses if you use manual settings of 8+ sec shutterspeeds.

>However, come daytime 8 sec shots will be overexposed to the point that your pics are completely white.

>Auto exposure is great for daytime timelapse but it does not work at night as its slowest shutter speed is 1/8 sec.

>As a result Osmo action cannot take day-to-night timelapses due to software limitations

Solution: Osmo action needs is the ability to take longer than 1/8 sec shots in auto mode. Perhaps it could gain a dedicated nightlapse mode with specific settings for this mode. It naturally requires the ability to make in-camera videos of the timelapse as this feature is indispensible.

Is this realistic, or should I go to the competition? (the competition has this mode but no in-camera video making which is why I hope that DJI can do this)

2021-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2021-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now