3978 10 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJM1989
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391693 ft
United States

Hi folks,

Quick question about the Mini 2 and its video. Below are some quick clips I filmed, and i notice when I pan the drone up or down or yaw side to side when filming the footage is "jittery" and not smooth. I am using cinemode right now, as I am new to flying, and I am filming in 4K at 30FPS usually in auto mode. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to resolve the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WZnPCgGOj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3xwy-6Ac4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNqd97CaB30&feature=youtu.be

Thanks so much.

2021-2-3
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Can't see the jitter. Maybe once in the first video. But that might be anything.

If youre planning at that speed even in cine mode, it will be blurry.
2021-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to adjust how smooth you want that mode,  by default its not that slow.  This video has a tutorial about how to do it -

2021-2-4
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Fly and pan more slowly (rotate around its own axis) or use 2k7 60FPS.
2021-2-4
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

As others have pointed out, you really need to lower your yaw/panning settings by quite a lot. Yours are way too high/fast.
2021-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TJM1989. Thanks for reaching out! We recommend adjusting your Yaw Rotation Speed and Yaw Rotation Smoothness that can be found under Control > Advanced Gimbal Settings depending on your desired preference. Hope this information helps.
2021-2-6
Use props
Flameberg
New
Ireland

Hey everyone! Sorry to bring up the old topic, but I can't post new ones yet I guess.

I've experienced the similar issues, but I think it might be a monitor issue as well?

Tried this on my laptop, and I guess it look alright, but on my main big 27" 100hz screen this video is jittery.

Symptoms are: if I fly up/down/around distant objects  - usually things are fine. If I'm going up/down or sideways - it's just terribly jittery. I've tried resetting my screen settings, I've even replaced my GPU since - but it's still the case. So I'm wondering, maybe it IS the video that is bad, and I just need to adjust something in it?

Here's the video example: youtube.com/watch?v=YLo9-QK-NYI

I would really, really appreciate all and any feedback, this annoys the life out of me!

Thanks!
2022-8-19
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

100Hz may not do 30Hz very well. Have you tried 25Hz 4K?
I'm playing my 4K video on a Xiaomi Mi Box S, which is the only thing I have in the house that can play 4K. The TV it's connected to is only 1080p. I think I've got the Xiaomi Android desktop set to 60Hz, so the VLC player can play the 30Hz video through this desktop frequency properly.  When I bought all this stuff, Android player apps were supposed to be able to adjust the desktop speed to the video, but they don't and I'm thankful that most crap that I play is 24 or 30Hz. There are a lot of monkeys out there, doing the programming. Same monkeys invented SMPTE drop frame 29.94Hz, and stuck with it.

However, I live in Australia, and like Britain, we have content that is 25Hz, which doesn't translate well to 30Hz or 24Hz screens, causing panning stutter.

2022-8-19
Use props
Flameberg
New
Ireland

Thanks for the feedback. I've looked up something called SVP (Smooth Video Project) that 'increases' the FPS to 60 from 24 - and the prolbem s now gone. No idea what to do with this info. Shoot 60fps only?
2022-8-20
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

SVP works on PC. You probably have your desktop set to 60Hz. When you film at 30Hz, one frame is shown for 2 cycles of the monitor.

pythonpoole's explanation
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2h9e4m/eli5_lets_say_im_watching_a_24fps_movie_on_my/

I'm not sure if you will encounter a problem with 29.97fps vs 30fps. The DJI video is 29.97.

I normally film at 1080p 59.94fps, because it keeps the data rate down, and my hard drive less full. There is not much data difference between 30 and 60fps.
2022-8-20
Use props
WCM
lvl.1
United States

Videos expired. Still having this problem? I have trouble that might be related. First guess would be to use a faster memory chip in the drone.
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules