RS2 Pro + Raveneye + Canon 6D
3332 9 2021-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LKabilyo
lvl.1
United States

I just bought the new RS2 Pro combo. I was most excited about the Raveneye and active tracking. It would appear I failed by not fully reading all the compatability charts.

I am more than a little disappointed that it won't work wth the Canon 6D I have, and am surprised that it works with the MK II version of the 6D. PLEASE tell me that there might be some support coming to allow connecting the Raveneye system to the original Canon 6D. After shelling out $$$ for the camera and now for the RS2, the thought of having to sell my 6D to upgrade may be too much for me to consider.

Thank in Advance.

2021-2-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the current unavailable function in the Canon 6D. We have already sent your request to our engineers for the reference. Please keep an eye on our firmware updates, thank you.
2021-2-5
Use props
LKabilyo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-5 01:41
Hello there, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the current unavailable function in the Canon 6D. We have already sent your request to our engineers for the reference. Please keep an eye on our firmware updates, thank you.

Thanks Wanda! I know there are plenty of others hear who will be happy to hear that. I will keep my fingers crossed for  quick update.
2021-2-5
Use props
masterofpuppets
lvl.1

Germany

Still no news regarding the Raveneye and EOS 6D?
2021-4-9
Use props
djiuser_JNdJ8U8gecOP
lvl.1
United States

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the current unavailable function in the Canon 6D. We have already sent your request to our engineers for the reference. Please keep an eye on our firmware updates, thank you.

This feels very unfair. Why would DJI sell a product and say it’s compatible with a camera then include an accessory that isn’t compatible? When looking into the compatibility of the Canon 6D on DJI’s website it doesn’t warn you that the RavinEye doesn’t work with the 6D unless you check a separate compatibility list that is hidden away, separate from the official RS2 compatibility list. Why would DJI want people to purchase something they can’t use? I spoke with multiple DJI employees before purchasing my Ronin RS-2 and even when they knew what camera I was using they didn’t know and I wasn’t warned that the RavenEye would be incompatible with my camera making half of the stabilizer’s revolutionary functions unusable. This seems to me like the definition of false advertising. What does DJI plan to do to rectify this situation? If a firmware update is coming, how soon can I expect it? I deserve to at least know when I’ll be able to use the stabilizer as it’s advertised.
2021-4-14
Use props
masterofpuppets
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_JNdJ8U8gecOP Posted at 4-14 01:11
This feels very unfair. Why would DJI sell a product and say it’s compatible with a camera then include an accessory that isn’t compatible? When looking into the compatibility of the Canon 6D on DJI’s website it doesn’t warn you that the RavinEye doesn’t work with the 6D unless you check a separate compatibility list that is hidden away, separate from the official RS2 compatibility list. Why would DJI want people to purchase something they can’t use? I spoke with multiple DJI employees before purchasing my Ronin RS-2 and even when they knew what camera I was using they didn’t know and I wasn’t warned that the RavenEye would be incompatible with my camera making half of the stabilizer’s revolutionary functions unusable. This seems to me like the definition of false advertising. What does DJI plan to do to rectify this situation? If a firmware update is coming, how soon can I expect it? I deserve to at least know when I’ll be able to use the stabilizer as it’s advertised.

I double that.

But I am afraid the only solution will be to purchase a newer camera.

DJI will spend no efforts to solve this - just my thoughts ;)
2021-4-14
Use props
LKabilyo
lvl.1
United States

I gave up waiting. Sold my 6D and purchased a used 6d mkii. $$, $$, and more $$
2021-8-24
Use props
Tekwiz
New
United States

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the current unavailable function in the Canon 6D. We have already sent your request to our engineers for the reference. Please keep an eye on our firmware updates, thank you.

I can't get my Cannon 6D mark ii to work with the record button on the gimble. When I bought the gimble it said it was compatible with the 6d Mark ii. Do you have any idea how I can get this to work?
2021-9-23
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Since Canon 6D outputs 1080i frames, Raveneye only supports P format video input and does not support it.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tekwiz Posted at 9-23 17:55
I can't get my Cannon 6D mark ii to work with the record button on the gimble. When I bought the gimble it said it was compatible with the 6d Mark ii. Do you have any idea how I can get this to work?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Some cameras may not be able to shoot when proper focus has not been achieved due to focus speed or in a complex environment such as low light situations. If there's an issue with the shutter or rec button not responding properly in these situations, the manual focus mode is recommended. Please check this and try again. You can refer to the picture below or the link:
https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/6d2

If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules