P3A third party apps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craigr9
lvl.2

United States

I have the Litchi and Ultimate Flight apps, for Android.  Does anyone know why DJI killed the SDK, with the latest firmware update.
I read, before purchasing the P3A, that it would allow GS and waypoints, but that it would be up to third party developers to create the function, within their apps.
Bothe app developers are trying to enable the features, but are not allowed, by DJI, to release the firmware, so that these features can be enabled.  I owned a Vision plus, and sold it to get the P3.  Now the Vision +
has POI, GS, Follow, and a slew of other features that have been shot down, or put on hold, by DJI.

What is going on?
It is one thing to limit the height of flights.  It is another to limit the aircraft's features.

Does anyone know whether or not these features will be available in the near future?

If not, I am probably going to sell my P3, and go with the 3DR Solo.

Thanks
2015-7-8
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

It is true that the GS functions will not work with the current user firmware. They are only enabled in the firmware that the developers use, which also only works on the P3 Pro.

If you don't want to wait, you could go with the SOLO but you would also get a whole slew of additional problems.

My advice is to be patient. The P3 has the superior hardware. Both have inadequate software.

I think they will release the firmware when they have the coding done in the Pilot app. I also think that there will be a lot of problems.

We all want next years quad today.
2015-7-8
Use props
schoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72582 ft
Sweden

Autopilot Beta Test Update First, we would like to thank you for signing up for the Autopilot beta test. There has been an overwhelming amount of interest in Autopilot v2.0, and we are as eager as you are to get things rolling. While we wait for Apple and DJI to work things out (more on the delay below), we would love to get your feedback on what excites you about Autopilot and where it is heading.
2015-7-8
Use props
bedkopen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1120623 ft
Netherlands

Patience is beautiful , but results are better.

I think DJI should be hurry up with orbit, cable cam, folow me and POI, if DJI don't want be overtaken by other multicopter manufactture brands.

I have regret selling my P2V+ and buying my P3P because I thought beside some improvements also get more functionality like orbit, cable cam, folow me and POI (immediately or pretty soon later). I find it disappointing that these functionality are still not there.

Coming soon!!!!!!!! When!!!!!!!! (N)Ever!!!!!!!!
2015-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules