6746 36 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

Hello dear friends.

This morning I looked at my iphone phone and saw that the dji fly app was updated. I wanted to inform you immediately to update your DJI FLY application to 1.2.5 for a safe and stable flight.

Best Regards.
2021-2-5
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

Safe and stable flight? What's better with this one vs the previous.

2021-2-6
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Since version 1.2.5 is already available in the Apple Store, could you please also update the version information on the website https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/downloads?
2021-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-2-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i hope DJI did implement the radar display from the GoApp
2021-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-2-6
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 07:00
Thanks for sharing.

2021-2-7
Use props
Audguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2405394 ft
United States

IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS! 1.24 was crashing, now it doesn't crash, it stays running but loses connection for about 5 seconds at the beginning of the flight the drone also does not initiate "return to home" until after it reconnects to the controller! IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!    This is on iOS  this has happened twice, and never before.
2021-2-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Flown two batteries so far on iOS 1.2.5, no issues, I started getting intermittent false Atti Warnings after updating to 1.2.2 iOS app (so this is of particular focus for me), never had a disconnect.
2021-2-7
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Thanks for the tip indeed.
2021-2-7
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

Audguy Posted at 2-7 15:58
IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!  1.24 was crashing, now it doesn't crash, it stays running but loses connection for about 5 seconds at the beginning of the flight the drone also does not initiate "return to home" until after it reconnects to the controller! IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!    This is on iOS  this has happened twice, and never before.

this is bad news
2021-2-8
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

The 1.2.5 app is not out for Android yet. In  any case 1.2.4 on my MINI II with Samsung S8 and latest firmware for drone works great.
2021-2-8
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Astro Bob Posted at 2-8 14:37
The 1.2.5 app is not out for Android yet. In  any case 1.2.4 on my MINI II with Samsung S8 and latest firmware for drone works great.

Agreed, 1.2.4 on my Android phone works absolutely brilliantly. The compass on the attitude indicator now points directly at the drone in flight, whereas previously it was off by 90 degrees. All my flights have also been super stable. Would highly recommend people update to 1.2.4 on Andoid if you are having issues with previous 1.2.2. Fly app version.
2021-2-8
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!  1.24 was crashing, now it doesn't crash, it stays running but loses connection for about 5 seconds at the beginning of the flight the drone also does not initiate "return to home" until after it reconnects to the controller! IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!    This is on iOS  this has happened twice, and never before.

You say it blanks out for 5 seconds and doesn’t RTH.
Could you have a bad cable or connection. I’ve had a bad intermittent cable and I have also had a connector that wouldn’t go in far enough because of the cover on my phone. The dust flap was not letting go in all the way.
You say it wouldn’t go into RTH. It takes 11 seconds with no signal so if you lose signal from the remote to the phone you still have a signal from the remote to the drone and it will not initiate RTH because  is still connected to the drone.
Just my thoughts.
2021-2-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had 4 flights today with the new version and had no problems at all.
2021-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having your phone set to auto update for anything is asking for trouble and is very unwise for a whole multitude of reasons. Do you not understand the concept of if it aint broke dont fix it. If it is broke than that is different
2021-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 2-8 18:59
Had 4 flights today with the new version and had no problems at all.

on IOS or Android
2021-2-8
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

DJI Fly APP 1.2.5 on iPhone 6S with iOS 12.4 and APP 1.2.4 on LG G7 ThinQ with Android 10, both work without any problems!
2021-2-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t think it’s available on Android yet.
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2021-2-9
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks will try this new update soon.
2021-2-9
Use props
Audguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2405394 ft
United States

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-8 18:47
You say it blanks out for 5 seconds and doesn’t RTH.
Could you have a bad cable or connection. I’ve had a bad intermittent cable and I have also had a connector that wouldn’t go in far enough because of the cover on my phone. The dust flap was not letting go in all the way.
You say it wouldn’t go into RTH. It takes 11 seconds with no signal so if you lose signal from the remote to the phone you still have a signal from the remote to the drone and it will not initiate RTH because  is still connected to the drone.

Okay then I take back the no RTH.  if it was a bad cable it would not continue to fly fine afterward or in the time up to the event.  And no it is the controller, it does not respond to input during the event.
2021-2-9
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165394 ft
United States

I too can confirm RC Link disconnects.
2021-2-9
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!  1.24 was crashing, now it doesn't crash, it stays running but loses connection for about 5 seconds at the beginning of the flight the drone also does not initiate "return to home" until after it reconnects to the controller! IT IS NOT STABLE! DO NOT UPDATE!  IT CAUSES CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS!    This is on iOS  this has happened twice, and never before.

Good to know, I will stick to android for now.(smart controller 1.2.4)
2021-2-12
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jefe-Part107 Posted at 2-9 17:03
I too can confirm RC Link disconnects.

Thank you for verifying this issue.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_Ig2TrbQKuFzY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 688655 ft
Netherlands

Yes! I Have the same issues! about 10 sec into the flight it disconnects and just hover. after that it flies stable.
2021-2-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Ig2TrbQKuFzY Posted at 2-12 07:41
Yes! I Have the same issues! about 10 sec into the flight it disconnects and just hover. after that it flies stable.

Delete the app, turn off the device.  Then on again and reload a new version of the app.  There have always been issues with troubled updates installed “over” an old version.  And, if you think this is too much of a bother :-( ... be sure to close an old app AND close all other apps before updating.  This is especially true if open apps are games running in the background.
2021-2-12
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

3 flights and no problems at all. Fly App 1.2.5/ iPhone XR iOS 14.3/ Mini 2 latest firmware.
2021-2-12
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

RedSky119 Posted at 2-12 18:03
3 flights and no problems at all. Fly App 1.2.5/ iPhone XR iOS 14.3/ Mini 2 latest firmware.

İt's nice new.
2021-2-15
Use props
gogogogo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27920 ft
Croatia

is there information, when is it coming for android users?
2021-2-20
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Whenever you get a blank screen  immediately look at the controller lights. If they are not blinking then the controller is still connected to the drone and in that case do not touch the control.
So don’t interrupt it’s flight and let it returns to Home .
If they are blinking then have lost connection so let it do the RTH.
If it’s in RTH and you mess with the controls it can crash.
Always make sure the controller is pointing toward the drone in the compass for best signal to the drone.
I myself have had a bad cable connection and lost the screen but my lights were not blinking so I didn’t touch anything and let the drone go into RTH automatically on its own. My drone came
Back safety. If I would have messed with the controls I could have lost it.
Have faith in the Auto RTH.
Doug

2021-2-20
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-20 11:09
Whenever you get a blank screen  immediately look at the controller lights. If they are not blinking then the controller is still connected to the drone and in that case do not touch the control.
So don’t interrupt it’s flight and let it returns to Home .
If they are blinking then have lost connection so let it do the RTH.

Thanks for your informations.
2021-2-20
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

At least when you write about the release of a new version, specify the operating system iOS or Android!
2021-2-20
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Turkey

Alevpi Posted at 2-20 21:11
At least when you write about the release of a new version, specify the operating system iOS or Android!
update has arrived for ios.
2021-2-20
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

As of Feb. 21, 2021:
1.2.5 for iOS via the AppleStore
1.2.4 for Android via the DJI website as APK
2021-2-21
Use props
fans6fc75a75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58520 ft
Chile

It is completely right and true,

I am happy to find that another user had the same issue,
in my case, it has happened but unfortunately the dron lost the connection and then fell into the sea.

DJI support is ignoring this serious issue, and is not responding with the guaranty when it is a DJI SW issue.

2021-2-23
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Strange, I'm using the iPad 5th generation wi-fi version with IpadOS 14.4 & DJI Fly 1.2.5, i have not had any connection issues at all and to be honest, it seems like it is a lot more stable than the 1.2.4 version, i know this due to where i have a little fly around my flat i normally have some real bad issues trying to get enough satellites to show up however with the latest version 1.2.5 i am getting plenty of satellites showing up, i am not having any disconnects or the like.

I have even tried the new app version outside where i live, i hotspot the iPad to my NOKIA 6 Android phone and don't seem to be having any issues, have any of you tried to tap the Satellite bar at the top of the DJI Fly app v1.2.5, i think you will like what happens now with the latest version on IOS/IpadOS, it makes it even better to see how many Satellites you get as well as how strong the connection is, i did a post on this latest new feature not long back and not many people knew that it did it, so any one on apple products ought to check it out as it is a very handy feature that DJI has implemented.
2021-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules