Stuck gimbal
7088 15 2021-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

For the second time (first time was back on 8 January) the "Stuck Gimbal" warning popped up, and about a minute later "Gimbal Motor Overloaded". Landed it and checked the gimbal (without turning it off) but it was ok and then resumed my flight without issue. DJI Fly app and Mini 2 (including batteries and RC) firmware are up to date. There was a light breeze with 25 km/h gusts at 100m AGL.

2021-2-6
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Could very well be the tiniest bit of dirt or something stuck in the gimbal. With the gimbal turned off, very gently move it up and down and blow all around the area to dislodge any tiny fragment possibly stuck in there. It only takes the smallest bit of dirt or sand in there to cause the gimbal stuck issue.
2021-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AussieDronePilot. Thanks for reaching out! We recommend checking whether there's anything that could possibly be blocking or interrupting the gimbal during the flight. If you have installed an ND filter, kindly double-check whether it was properly installed. Performing a gimbal calibration could also help should the same problem persists.
2021-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have some compressed air you could try air dusting it.
2021-2-7
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Australia

Will try that (compressed air), unfortunately been in hospital last week and have to take it easy for the next few weeks.
Also no ND filter fitted.
2021-2-15
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 03:19
If you have some compressed air you could try air dusting it.

Be very careful using compressed air...If the problem persists And it’s still under warranty I would have it replaced
2021-2-15
Use props
MMattei118
New
Flight distance : 22556 ft
United States

I'm having a similar issue.  Receiving a #40011 error code.  Gimbal was making noise after flight and now getting code and Gimbal is not responding even after recalibration.  Any suggestions on how to rectify?  Drone is only about 2 weeks old.
2021-2-17
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I had the same issue.  Received the "Stuck Gimbal" warning as well, but hadn't taken off yet, and WAS using an ND Filter for the first time on the Mini 2.
I literally gently touched the gimbal and it was fine and didn't receive the error again.
Yesterday I took a flight and switched out to a different ND Filter, no errors this time.  I think mine was 100% the ND filter.
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Mhinc Posted at 2-18 01:54
I had the same issue.  Received the "Stuck Gimbal" warning as well, but hadn't taken off yet, and WAS using an ND Filter for the first time on the Mini 2.
I literally gently touched the gimbal and it was fine and didn't receive the error again.
Yesterday I took a flight and switched out to a different ND Filter, no errors this time.  I think mine was 100% the ND filter.

Yup, ND filters really are over rated and cause more issues than they are worth. I really don't understand why people waste their money on these filters.
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I personally think that gimbal filters are not any filters because they do not filter anything, and these are just color applicators.
2021-2-18
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
United States

This is why it’s important to use a landing pad or hand land the drone. It only takes a tiny bit of dirt , dust etc...
2021-2-18
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

BaliSkies Posted at 2-18 12:52
Yup, ND filters really are over rated and cause more issues than they are worth. I really don't understand why people waste their money on these filters.

Then you have NO idea or understanding of how ND Filters work, and the advantages of ND filters for using Manual settings and getting incredible cinematic video.  I am guessing you only use Auto based on what you are saying?  Maybe want to do some research before you make the claim that they are useless and a waste of money, you can't be more wrong.
2021-2-19
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2-18 13:13
I personally think that gimbal filters are not any filters because they do not filter anything, and these are just color applicators.

%100 incorrect.  Saying that just means you don't under or know how to use them.  Do some research
2021-2-19
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 2-18 14:12
This is why it’s important to use a landing pad or hand land the drone. It only takes a tiny bit of dirt , dust etc...

I use a landing pad.  Mine was for sure not a dust or dirt issue, I believe I didn't have the ND Filter snapped on perfectly.  Thankfully that was it
2021-2-19
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
United States

Mhinc Posted at 2-19 06:07
I use a landing pad.  Mine was for sure not a dust or dirt issue, I believe I didn't have the ND Filter snapped on perfectly.  Thankfully that was it

Very good to hear ..I use the filters sometimes I’m going to be extra careful
2021-3-1
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Australia

Had the same issue again yesterday. Used a homemade landing pad (while I wait for the other to come back in stock), no issue with the first flight but the second flight is when the issue arose. Landed and rebooted the mini 2, and no issues.
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules