Different RC SN in Device Management to About Screen in App?
354 4 2021-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJM1989
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391693 ft
United States

Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever seen it where the remote controller S/N is correct in the device management screen of the DJI app, but different in the About screen under the three dots? I called DJI who said they checked both S/Ns and both brought up my account, but only the one in the device management screen that is bound to my drone is showing the correct serial number as reflected on the back of the controller. The one under the three dots and "About" is completely different. I am referring to the remote controller SN listed, not the flight controller SN which I know is something else. Just wanted to see if this was unique to me or not! DJI are adament it won't cause any issues in the event of a claim.

Thanks!
2021-2-9
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Don't worry, is not just you. It is a pretty widespread issue caused by a bug in the DJI Fly app (all versions?) from what I have read. I have noticed something similar with my RC SN.
2021-2-9
Use props
TJM1989
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391693 ft
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2-9 15:56
Don't worry, is not just you. It is a pretty widespread issue caused by a bug in the DJI Fly app (all versions?) from what I have read. I have noticed something similar with my RC SN.

Thank you! I am glad it isn't just me. DJI gave me conflicting information, so I wanted to ask the experts. Thanks again.
2021-2-9
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

TJM1989 Posted at 2-9 17:03
Thank you! I am glad it isn't just me. DJI gave me conflicting information, so I wanted to ask the experts. Thanks again.

No worries, I think if people had a look there would be a lot of users having the same conflicting SN issue with their RC.
2021-2-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TJM1989. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience. After your product is bound to DJI Care Flyaway Coverage, the serial number may be displayed in the DJI Fly abnormally. There is no need to be concerned, as it does not affect the normal use of DJI Care Flyaway Coverage, and it is only the serial number that is shown abnormally. In case a flyaway accident occurs in the near future, you can still use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. Our engineers will fix the serial number display issue as soon as possible and thank you for your feedback.
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules