Refurbished unit for warranty defect? Unfair
718 2 2021-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FsRoca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130164 ft
United States

I bought a Mavic Air 2 and after 3-5 flights, it had an issue and it went down. Sent it in and I’m happy to report that DJI will cover under the warranty. My problem is that they will replace and may sent me a refurbished unit when I was told before I sent it in that if it gets replaced I’d most likely be with a new unit. I’m a bit upset because the drone is brand new and has literally 3-5 flights of 20min each. It seems unfair to spend $1000 on a fly more combo to then shortly after and due to no fault of my own, have to trade down to a refurbished unit.

I know it’ll work and perform as new, like they say on the email. But why put up with the risk and the fact that it may have cosmetic defects or alike. I’m sour enough it went down the first time.

I’ve had so much bad luck with DJI. I bought the first Mavic and got to fly it very few times before I got the air encoder message error. Unfortunately for me, life got in the way and by the time I tried to do something about it I was a couple days passed warranty. Needless to say, 1k for a drone I used a handful of times feels like a waste of money. I’m really hoping this time will be different.
2021-2-11
Use props
FsRoca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130164 ft
United States

Refurbished unit for warranty defect? Unfair

I bought a Mavic Air 2 and after 3-5 flights, it had an issue and it went down. Sent it in and I’m happy to report that DJI will cover under the warranty. My problem is that they will replace and may sent me a refurbished unit when I was told before I sent it in that if it gets replaced I’d most likely be with a new unit. I’m a bit upset because the drone is brand new and has literally 3-5 flights of 20min each. It seems unfair to spend $1000 on a fly more combo to then shortly after and due to no fault of my own, have to trade down to a refurbished unit.

I know it’ll work and perform as new, like they say on the email. But why put up with the risk and the fact that it may have cosmetic defects or alike. I’m sour enough it went down the first time.

I’ve had so much bad luck with DJI. I bought the first Mavic and got to fly it very few times before I got the air encoder message error. Unfortunately for me, life got in the way and by the time I tried to do something about it I was a couple days passed warranty. Needless to say, 1k for a drone I used a handful of times feels like a waste of money. I’m really hoping this time will be different.
2021-2-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi FsRoca, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account. As per check, it is a repair case and you can enjoy the warranty service to repair the drone for free based on the diagnosis result.

According to the DJI's after-sales service policies (https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav), products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.

Please rest assured that the drone will be tested well before shipping out to you, thanks for your support and kind understanding.

2021-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules