leight weight battery pack
718 6 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeKa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594413 ft
Germany

hi,if DJI were to release a lighter battery pack for the Mavic Air 2, bringing the weight below 500 grams, we could fly in Class C-1 in the EU (just like with the Mini); that of course means a shorter flight time, but can sometimes be very practical for a short flight for nice video or a few photos. As far as I know there are 3 batteries in the standard battery pack; with only 2 batteries we would then have a flight time of about 20 minutes, but that is often enough for a short recording or a photo :-) Or is it possible to remove one battery?
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GeKa. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. In addition DJI does not advice to remove one or the battery or modify the intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2. These modification might affect the said DJI drone when in use and can void the warranty of the said DJI product as well. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-2-14
Use props
GeKa
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 19:57
Hello there GeKa. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. In addition DJI does not advice to remove one or the battery or modify the intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2. These modification might affect the said DJI drone when in use and can void the warranty of the said DJI product as well. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Thanks - I wait and hope that DJI will soon be selling a lighter battery pack that bring the Air 2 under 500 gram
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GeKa Posted at 2-15 06:50
Thanks - I wait and hope that DJI will soon be selling a lighter battery pack that bring the Air 2 under 500 gram

Hi there GeKa. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2021-2-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

GeKa Posted at 2-15 06:50

The Mavic Air 2 would be C1 if DJI got the refit/remanufacture/retrospective classification sorted out without any battery mod needed.  Claims the specification is not known but the EASA 945 is clear on what's needed. The issue seems to be certifying bodies & process agreement.  DJI do nothing to offer clarity, statements have been made the Air 2 will be certified but no dateline is offered just check out earlier threads on EU certification.
2021-2-16
Use props
MrDaniel
lvl.1

Sweden

Even though the Air 2 wouldn't be C1 classified it would be very useful to get it under 500 gr because of the "transfer rules" has less limitations for drones under 500 gr.  So in reality for many assignments it would make the difference if you could actually use the drone or not.
2021-3-10
Use props
GeKa
lvl.1
Germany

MrDaniel Posted at 3-10 01:18
Even though the Air 2 wouldn't be C1 classified it would be very useful to get it under 500 gr because of the "transfer rules" has less limitations for drones under 500 gr.  So in reality for many assignments it would make the difference if you could actually use the drone or not.

Thanks for your support Mr Daniel, that is just what I mean: fly or not fly
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules