12Next >
9501 41 2021-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Hello everyone my iPad Pro would work no problem but lately it sometimes work, meaning once in a blue moon with the Djifly app. Has anyone experienced this problem with your iPad. My iPhone X it works all the time but not my iPad. Any help would be appreciate.
2021-2-15
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

No problems on iPad pro here.   What problem are you having?  App won't launch?  Or launches but won't connect to drone?   Or what?
2021-2-15
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-15 12:50
No problems on iPad pro here.   What problem are you having?  App won't launch?  Or launches but won't connect to drone?   Or what?

before the app used to load up as soon as I turned on the drone, but now for some reason it does not load. I tried to reformat the iPad to no avail, like I said it worked before no problem works great with the iPhoneX don't have a clue what's going on. I also deleted the app like 5 times re-downloaded again and nothing. every once in a while the app will come up but not the majority of the time. don't know if I have to call apple or DJI.
2021-2-15
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

You probably already know this, but the app will only auto-launch if the iPad is already unlocked before connecting/powering the Remote Controller.  Unlock first, then connect the cable and the app should auto-launch.

If that’s not it...  It could also be a cable issue.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Savage3006. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering and we'd like to know more about it. If you could kindly, please let us know what specifically is happening upon launching the DJI Fly. Does the application crashes or opens fine but get stuck in the loading screen? If you could add a screen recording depicting the issue, that'll be highly appreciated.
2021-2-15
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 23:42
Hi, Savage3006. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering and we'd like to know more about it. If you could kindly, please let us know what specifically is happening upon launching the DJI Fly. Does the application crashes or opens fine but get stuck in the loading screen? If you could add a screen recording depicting the issue, that'll be highly appreciated.

Going to Apple at 1:15 today and they are going to look at my iPad Pro, I will send a video on what’s going on if this does not work. Hopefully it will. Also going to bring my Magic air 2 with me also.
2021-2-16
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

ok Apple didn't do much still can't work the ipad any suggestions.
2021-2-16
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I assume that the iPad has plenty of storage memory and that you have shut down all the open apps?

2021-2-16
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

What cable are you using?

The 12” UsbC-to-UsbC cable I bought for my iPad Pro is NOT bidirectional — one end is marked for the controller and the other (unmarked) end must go to the iPad..  If reversed, it won’t connect.  Could your cable be the same, and connected backwards?
2021-2-16
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2-16 18:45
I assume that the iPad has plenty of storage memory and that you have shut down all the open apps?

Yes thanks did that.
2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-16 19:19
What cable are you using?

The 12” UsbC-to-UsbC cable I bought for my iPad Pro is NOT bidirectional — one end is marked for the controller and the other (unmarked) end must go to the iPad..  If reversed, it won’t connect.  Could your cable be the same, and connected backwards?

You. Say you brought it or it came with the iPad Pro?.
2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 23:42

Made a video of the problem but don’t know how to install it here?.
2021-2-17
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Savage3006 Posted at 2-17 05:14

He is advising about a normal USB cable and then the issues with an OTG cable if you reverse the cable. If you use a different cable than the one you are using for the iPhone then you need an OTG cable. And it needs to be connected the correct way around. i.e. the Host end to the RC controller.

This is only an issue for Android devices. As the OTG needs to be Host to lightning for IPads and iPhones.
2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2-17 05:21
He is advising about a normal USB cable and then the issues with an OTG cable if you reverse the cable. If you use a different cable than the one you are using for the iPhone then you need an OTG cable. And it needs to be connected the correct way around. i.e. the Host end to the RC controller.

This is only an issue for Android devices. As the OTG needs to be Host to lightning for IPads and iPhones.

like I said before it worked 100% of the time with the cable I have for my iPad Pro like it works with my iPhone X, but now it’s a crap shoot it works when it wants too. I have reset this iPad 5 times already deleted DJIfly app several times re-installed the app and still nothing can’t understand what’s going on. Everything is updated on drone, iPad. thanks for all your suggestions but worse comes to worse I will buy a Mimi IPad, hate to do that because I love the bigger screen on this iPad.
2021-2-17
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 2-17 05:14

My iPad is the 'iPad Pro 11" 2020' model.  It has a usbC port at the bottom.

The cable I purchased to reach the iPad is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089CQNF38

Both connectors are physically identical would physically fit in either the iPad or RC.  But it is not electrically the same end-for-end.  One end is marked for the RC and it will not work if reversed.

Not sure whether any of that applies in your case, since I'm not clear exactly which model iPad you are using or what cable you have.

2021-2-17
Use props
djiuser_GDOfOr4lAY7P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5502 ft
United States

Try using the usbC cables that came with the controller.  It is long enough to reach the ipad if it is under the controller.  This will show if it is the controller or the cable you are using.
2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-17 13:26

Yes I have the 2020 11" model also, USBC to USBC, also I tried it today and it worked 3 times then it would not load again, I mean the app came up but not the camera from the drone. either the port on the remote or something else, I used my daughter's 2019 model and it worked no problem it's a mystery.
2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_GDOfOr4lAY7P Posted at 2-17 16:14
Try using the usbC cables that came with the controller.  It is long enough to reach the ipad if it is under the controller.  This will show if it is the controller or the cable you are using.

yes that cable is USBC to Lightning which I use for my iPhone X which again works all the time.
2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-17 13:26

this cable is USB to IOS not good for our ipad's am I correct?.
2021-2-17
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 2-17 17:50
this cable is USB to IOS not good for our ipad's am I correct?.

The link goes to a usbC-to-usbC version for me.  Are you seeing something different?  Here’s the link again:

I have no other ideas.  The intermittent problem you mention in your recent post (worked 3 times, the not the 4th) would suggest a bad cable, but then you say it worked fine with your daughter's iPad.  Could be the port on your iPad; you might try cleaning it to make sure there isn't any lint or particulate there.  Other than that, I'm out of ideas.  :-(

2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-17 18:08
The link goes to a usbC-to-usbC version for me.  Are you seeing something different?  Here’s the link again:

OK I clicked on the link you put up  and it brought me to the USBC to IOS, now I clicked on it again and it's USBC to USBC, , Ok never mind I brought it and will try it hopefully this will work, thanks again. I see you can only plug it one way only.

2021-2-17
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Savage3006 Posted at 2-17 05:48
like I said before it worked 100% of the time with the cable I have for my iPad Pro like it works with my iPhone X, but now it’s a crap shoot it works when it wants too. I have reset this iPad 5 times already deleted DJIfly app several times re-installed the app and still nothing can’t understand what’s going on. Everything is updated on drone, iPad. thanks for all your suggestions but worse comes to worse I will buy a Mimi IPad, hate to do that because I love the bigger screen on this iPad.

" I have for my iPad Pro like it works with my iPhone X" The statement you made to me made me think you had an older iPad pro. With a lightning Connector.

I suggest that you start by putting a black dot with a pen on the Controller end of your USB-C to USB-C cable when it works. That way you can always get the correct end in the controller.

If it stops working at anytime when you have the dotted end in the RC controller then your cable is faulty.

The USB-C to USB-C cable has to be an On the Go (OTG) cable. It has a Host End and a Slave end.

It is not a reversible cable. There are differences in the electrical connections at the cable ends.
A USB-C to Lightening cable like conenctinig to your older iPad or iPhone will alwasys work as the cable slave end is Lightening and can only be plugged into the slave.   

Cheers

2021-2-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2-17 23:34
" I have for my iPad Pro like it works with my iPhone X" The statement you made to me made me think you had an older iPad pro. With a lightning Connector.

I suggest that you start by putting a black dot with a pen on the Controller end of your USB-C to USB-C cable when it works. That way you can always get the correct end in the controller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089CQNF38 I picked up this cable will try it see it works,  Just can’t understand it worked prior every time, yes like the idea to mark the ends of the cable when it works.
2021-2-18
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Savage3006 Posted at 2-18 16:00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089CQNF38 I picked up this cable will try it see it works,  Just can’t understand it worked prior every time, yes like the idea to mark the ends of the cable when it works.

If the new cable doesn't solve your problem, you may want to try Scott108's suggestion at the end of post #21 if you haven't already. After thinking I had a bad USB to IOS cable ( because it didn't work all the time or had to push hard while inserting to get it to work ), I found a YouTube video suggesting it could be a dirty or clogged port. I aggressively cleaned the port with a soft bristle toothbrush and blew it out a few times like the guy in the video and it worked!     Hope you find a solution soon!
2021-2-18
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RedSky119 Posted at 2-18 17:55
If the new cable doesn't solve your problem, you may want to try Scott108's suggestion at the end of post #21 if you haven't already. After thinking I had a bad USB to IOS cable ( because it didn't work all the time or had to push hard while inserting to get it to work ), I found a YouTube video suggesting it could be a dirty or clogged port. I aggressively cleaned the port with a soft bristle toothbrush and blew it out a few times like the guy in the video and it worked!     Hope you find a solution soon!

Yes, I had that problem wth an iPhone not charging. I always carried it in my top pocket and it had accumulated lint in the connector. Cleaned it out with a pin and all was good.

Savage306 - If you use the same cable to connect your iPad to your PC then if that works all the time its something else.

Cheers

2021-2-19
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2-19 00:08
Yes, I had that problem wth an iPhone not charging. I always carried it in my top pocket and it had accumulated lint in the connector. Cleaned it out with a pin and all was good.

Savage306 - If you use the same cable to connect your iPad to your PC then if that works all the time its something else.

never connected it to my Mac Pro will give it a try, Thanks.
2021-2-19
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-17 18:08

So I ordered the cable you suggested, but before that I went on Bestbuy and brought the apple mini 5 and when I got home the cable came in the mail so........ I said to myself did I jump the gun here, so mini still wrapped up I said let me try the cable before I set up the mini, so plugged in the cable to my iPad Pro the remote turned on my Mavic Air 2 and it loaded right up!!!, I said to myself this must be a fluke, so I tried it 7 times all kind of way's, turning off iPad loading other stuff on it and every time DJIFLY app opened up??????.  so it must of been my iPad Pro cable I will keep you guy's updated if it fails again, but thanks to all of you for all your help. fingers crossed....... So I have the mini for 14 days before I have to return it just in case.
2021-2-20
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 2-20 16:53
So I ordered the cable you suggested, but before that I went on Bestbuy and brought the apple mini 5 and when I got home the cable came in the mail so........ I said to myself did I jump the gun here, so mini still wrapped up I said let me try the cable before I set up the mini, so plugged in the cable to my iPad Pro the remote turned on my Mavic Air 2 and it loaded right up!!!, I said to myself this must be a fluke, so I tried it 7 times all kind of way's, turning off iPad loading other stuff on it and every time DJIFLY app opened up??????.  so it must of been my iPad Pro cable I will keep you guy's updated if it fails again, but thanks to all of you for all your help. fingers crossed....... So I have the mini for 14 days before I have to return it just in case.

Sounds like it was just a bad cable then.  Glad you got it working!

Next decision is harder.  The mini-5 is the perfect size in my opinion....  the iPhone is too small, the iPad Pro is too big, but that mini is JUST RIGHT (to paraphrase from Disney’s The Three Bears, lol).

If cost isn’t an issue, you’ll love using that mini with the MA2 RC!  
2021-2-20
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-20 19:10
Sounds like it was just a bad cable then.  Glad you got it working!

Next decision is harder.  The mini-5 is the perfect size in my opinion....  the iPhone is too small, the iPad Pro is too big, but that mini is JUST RIGHT (to paraphrase from Disney’s The Three Bears, lol).

You might be right, just ordered an outer box case for it!!!!!!!. also had to order the USBC to ios cablefor the Mini.
2021-2-21
Use props
Wellzy43
lvl.1

Canada

I’m running into the same problem. I have the 2018 IPad Pro 12.9 (3rd generation) When I first got my DJI mini 2, it would work “sporadically” at best. Ensuring the cable was orientated the right way. A few months after that a update came out for the DJI Fly App and it hasn’t worked since, I’ve purchased and tried NUMEROUS (at least 6) different type c cables, with absolutely zero success. My previous iPhone 11 and now iPhone 13 have no issues connecting to the controller/drone. This seems to be an issue with the DJI firmware. I’ve even had the type c port on the iPad inspected for any type of damage “professionally” and nothing. I find it rather disgusting that DJI hasn’t addressed this yet. I know I’m not the only person out there having this issue. Anyone else care to comment?
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_Se6GnBkBeG7n
New
Flight distance : 285876 ft
United States

Wellzy43 Posted at 12-12 08:54
I’m running into the same problem. I have the 2018 IPad Pro 12.9 (3rd generation) When I first got my DJI mini 2, it would work “sporadically” at best. Ensuring the cable was orientated the right way. A few months after that a update came out for the DJI Fly App and it hasn’t worked since, I’ve purchased and tried NUMEROUS (at least 6) different type c cables, with absolutely zero success. My previous iPhone 11 and now iPhone 13 have no issues connecting to the controller/drone. This seems to be an issue with the DJI firmware. I’ve even had the type c port on the iPad inspected for any type of damage “professionally” and nothing. I find it rather disgusting that DJI hasn’t addressed this yet. I know I’m not the only person out there having this issue. Anyone else care to comment?

Yeah, in the exact same boat as you. 2018 iPad Pro 11in refuses to connect no matter what I try, but iPhone 8/12/13 all connect fine. Probably a firmware issue with the controller that dji is unlikely to fix since this is such a niche problem.
2021-12-25
Use props
Deer seeker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26175971 ft
United States

djiuser_Se6GnBkBeG7n Posted at 2021-12-25 12:36
Yeah, in the exact same boat as you. 2018 iPad Pro 11in refuses to connect no matter what I try, but iPhone 8/12/13 all connect fine. Probably a firmware issue with the controller that dji is unlikely to fix since this is such a niche problem.
I figured out a go around, if it doesnt open try charging remote at same time. I have small battery pack i connect to charge remote when using ipad pro 12.9 3rd gen., had trouble with both air2s and mini2 when using this ipad, charging remote while using it corrected my problem. Good luck
2022-1-29
Use props
Deer seeker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26175971 ft
United States

Let us know if this works for anyone else,  please
2022-1-29
Use props
Chaff_Cutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9163 ft
Australia

Deer seeker Posted at 1-29 08:02
Let us know if this works for anyone else,  please

Hey Deer Seeker,

No luck here.

Latest iPad mini 6th gen
iOS 15.1
Latest app go4

Plug the iPad in and it starts to charge then 1/2 second later it stops.Says ‘Not changing’
No other indication of interaction between remote and iPad.

Tried 1/2 doz different USB to USB_C cables to no avail

Very frustrating DJI!
2022-2-5
Use props
dihegov
lvl.1
United States

is your ipad wireless or lte?

im having the same issues and have a wireless. im thinking bc it doesn’t have lte “gps” won’t work

can someone confirm?
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_kdcEXoIgkqyw
New
United States

djiuser_Se6GnBkBeG7n Posted at 2021-12-25 12:36

Having same exact issue, my other devices work no problem. Frustrating for sure as I would love to use the large screen on the iPad Pro.
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_kdcEXoIgkqyw
New
United States

Just confirmed that charging the controller while the iPad Pro is connected allow the app to work and find the drone. Hopefully Dji can fix this issue with a firmware upgrade.
2022-2-13
Use props
fans26f3ea75
lvl.1
United States

dihegov Posted at 2-12 08:45
is your ipad wireless or lte?

im having the same issues and have a wireless. im thinking bc it doesn’t have lte “gps” won’t work

FIXED!!!

Buy an RC usb c to usb-c cable.

the regular ipad usb-c charger will not work!

I bought mine in the AWS
355F7C1C-9FCC-4258-A547-03CE1D52F118.jpeg
2022-2-13
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

fans26f3ea75 Posted at 2-13 12:26
FIXED!!!

Buy an RC usb c to usb-c cable.

Yes I  had the same problem and brought one for my iPad Pro and it works all of the time, just make sure you connect the end that has the icon of the remote to the remote.
2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_0wZDPfw12a0C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8688 ft
United States

Deer seeker Posted at 1-29 08:00
I figured out a go around, if it doesnt open try charging remote at same time. I have small battery pack i connect to charge remote when using ipad pro 12.9 3rd gen., had trouble with both air2s and mini2 when using this ipad, charging remote while using it corrected my problem. Good luck

I had same problem your work around worked great thanks
2022-2-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules