Worried to send in for repair.
604 4 2021-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

I have a Mavic air 2 that was purchased through Amazon. It arrived to me on the 26th of January. I updated all the firmware and registered it about a week after I got it. (had to wait for my new phone to use dji fly app). I haven't flown it much due to the extreme cold winter where I live. I have 4 or 5 flights, 11 minutes is my longest. I'm no stranger to DJI and quads. I've had many of them and I fly FPV freestyle. Now to my point. I have the dreaded 'Gimbal Bounce" on my MA2. Not too bad but it is there, once or twice during a flight and usually upon "stopping". I want to send it back to have a new gimbal put on it while under the 90 day warranty. My concern is that DJI will replace the whole drone with one of a different serial #. My current drone is registered to my DJI care warranty. If They swap it out with a different serial #, how do I excersise my DJI care warranty if ever needed? Is this "Gimbal Bounce" issue something that will be corrected through future firmware updates? Or is this a known Hardware (gimbal motor) problem? Perhaps if you are affiliated with DJI and reading this, you might be able to answer these questions. Thanks for your time everyone.
2021-2-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have a video demonstrating this bounce you are referencing.  If its what I think you are talking about, its something that pretty much all drones exhibit in quick maneuvers.  But maybe I'm just not familiar with the specific issue you are referencing.

In regards to Care Refresh, if you get a new serial number, just send them an email referencing your support ticket and ask them to migrate the policy to the new drone they replaced it with.
2021-2-15
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-15 09:23
Do you have a video demonstrating this bounce you are referencing.  If its what I think you are talking about, its something that pretty much all drones exhibit in quick maneuvers.  But maybe I'm just not familiar with the specific issue you are referencing.

In regards to Care Refresh, if you get a new serial number, just send them an email referencing your support ticket and ask them to migrate the policy to the new drone they replaced it with.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can get a video next time out. The action I see from the gimbal is not from speed at all. I am flying in normal mode. and slightly pushing the stick forward. my speed was 4.5 mph when I slow , (or back the stick to neutral) the gimbal will "flutter" Exactly like the other videos you see here addressing this issue. I wish the MA2  had a softer, adjustable braking , like my mavic air 1 and my mavic pro. You could set how quickly the came to a stop. I let both of those quads "float to a stop" rather than 'Jump" to a stop like the MA2. I've had the gimbal "flutter" in straight slow 5 mph flight, it will just do a little hop. Then it will be ok for a period of time. Appears to be re-centering itself.
2021-2-15
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-15 09:23

Thanks for this info. I'll do that if I send it in. I have until April 26th to be in the 90 day window. I want to see if it gets worse, or an update tackles the issue.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi JimDandy, I have sent you a PM, please check it. Thanks.
2021-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules