Crash / gimbal overload
424 2 2021-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NBGTX-AL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2910 ft
United States

Had a minor crash and the camera arm broke. I was able to glue it back and everything moves normal. But get a gimbal overload error. Tried everything. Replaced gimbal cable, updated firmware, tried recalibration with no success. When the aircraft is off the camera rotates fine in every direction. When I power it on, it seems to stick when going up and down. Guessing I need to replace the broken part. But the only way i see to do that is replace the whole camera assembly. Camera itself seems to still work fine. Is there no way to buy the camera assembly mount instead of buying a whole new camera? Or do I have to just send it in for repair?
2021-2-17
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

You can replace the gimbal if out of warranty and if your feeling brave enough but you'll still end up with an error displaying as it won't be paired with the unit fully unless officially replaced. Probably better to send it in if you're not confident with electronic repair but the choice is a personal one only you can make.  Maybe watch a couple of YT vids on it then make a decision on which route to go.
2021-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NBGTX-AL. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since your DJI Mavic Air 2 crashed before and now you are experiencing this issues. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to assess the said drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules