vision sensor error... do i need to worry?
23146 20 2021-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

Hello everyone...

Today I received my new dji mini 2 (I sold my mavic mini to buy the mini 2), everything was correct, however, when I took off for the first time (after all the calibrations, firmware updates and checks), after I take off, an error appeared in red saying "vision sensor error. contact dji support for assistance", however everything was working correctly, for concern I decided to land the drone and turn it off and on again, and the control also... after reconnecting everything I took off again and the error didn't happen anymore... my question is: could it happen again? can my mini 2 be defective? Could this be something that could be a problem in the future? do i need to worry?

Thank you all

2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Yes you will need to either take it back to the store you bought it for replacement, or contact DJI. It is a defective unit and this error is caused by a faulty gimbal coaxial cable. The error only appears intermittently but it will not go away completely. Eventually, it will result in the drone being unable to take off due to not being able to clear the red Vision Sensor error message. You will also eventually notice a number of these error codes - 180016, 180017 and 180030, all relating to the Downward Vision Sensors and the fauly coaxial cable.

2021-2-18
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Brazil

BaliSkies Posted at 2-18 12:31
Yes you will need to either take it back to the store you bought it for replacement, or contact DJI. It is a defective unit and this error is caused by a faulty gimbal coaxial cable. The error only appears intermittently but it will not go away completely. Eventually, it will result in the drone being unable to take off due to not being able to clear the red Vision Sensor error message.

Thank you, I will contact the seller and the dji support for further clarification, I thought it was just something that appeared to be new and would not give again after starting to use ...
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

The Foxy Posted at 2-18 12:43
Thank you, I will contact the seller and the dji support for further clarification, I thought it was just something that appeared to be new and would not give again after starting to use ...

Yes have it replaced as soon as possible is my advice. The errors won't go away (although they do disappear for a few flights) and the faulty coaxial cable will eventually result in you being unable to fly at all.
2021-2-18
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Sometimes flying over dark surfaces can create this message or if they are dirty ... You said you are updated to the latest version?
2021-2-18
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Brazil

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 2-18 14:15
How to calibrate DJI Mavic Mini vision system?  Step 1: Power on the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft.  Step 2: Connect the aircraft to your PC or Mac with a USB cable.  Step 3: Launch DJI Assistant 2, and select Mavic Mini.  Step 4: Login your DJI account.  Step 5:Click the calibration on the left menu bar and calibrate the Downward vision system following the on-screen instructions.  Step 6: Then the aircraft will automatically start the calculating.  Step 7: The calibration is complete.

hello .. will this calibration solve? as our friend said, this seems to be a factory problem on a coaxial cable
2021-2-18
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Brazil

How to calibrate DJI Mavic Mini vision system?  Step 1: Power on the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft.  Step 2: Connect the aircraft to your PC or Mac with a USB cable.  Step 3: Launch DJI Assistant 2, and select Mavic Mini.  Step 4: Login your DJI account.  Step 5:Click the calibration on the left menu bar and calibrate the Downward vision system following the on-screen instructions.  Step 6: Then the aircraft will automatically start the calculating.  Step 7: The calibration is complete.

tried here now but it doesn't work for mini 2, after connecting to dji assistant 2, it only gives the option to export log ...
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

How to calibrate DJI Mavic Mini vision system?  Step 1: Power on the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft.  Step 2: Connect the aircraft to your PC or Mac with a USB cable.  Step 3: Launch DJI Assistant 2, and select Mavic Mini.  Step 4: Login your DJI account.  Step 5:Click the calibration on the left menu bar and calibrate the Downward vision system following the on-screen instructions.  Step 6: Then the aircraft will automatically start the calculating.  Step 7: The calibration is complete.

Please don't give out incorrect information as you are completely wrong. You can only calibrate the sensors on the Mini 1 via the assistant software. It cannot be done with the Mini 2!
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

The Foxy Posted at 2-18 14:27
hello .. will this calibration solve? as our friend said, this seems to be a factory problem on a coaxial cable

Don't listen to the poster saying you can calibrate the sensors. This is ONLY possible with the Mini 1 and NOT the Mini 2 unfortunately. If you bought your Mini 2 from a store, I would recommend you take it back asap to have it replaced. If you bought it from DJI directly, they will replace it with a new unit under warranty.
2021-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The Foxy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having these error messages on your new DJI Mini 2 kindly please contact our DJI support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and for a diagnosis on the said DJI Drone. We'll do our best to help you on this issue. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-2-18
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Brazil

BaliSkies Posted at 2-18 19:52
Don't listen to the poster saying you can calibrate the sensors. This is ONLY possible with the Mini 1 and NOT the Mini 2 unfortunately. If you bought your Mini 2 from a store, I would recommend you take it back asap to have it replaced. If you bought it from DJI directly, they will replace it with a new unit under warranty.

I did one more flight today / yesterday 3 hours after the flight I did after the error appeared ... this second flight was also normal and without the error appearing, but as you said it must come randomly ... I already sent an email to dji support asking what should I do ... I bought it through the Chinese website Banggood ... exchanging this drone for another one (if necessary) will give me a tremendous headache ...  
2021-2-18
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 20:07
Hello there The Foxy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having these error messages on your new DJI Mini 2 kindly please contact our DJI support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and for a diagnosis on the said DJI Drone. We'll do our best to help you on this issue. Thank you and fly safe always.

hello Stephen ... i already sent an email to support, i'm already waiting for the answer about what i should do about it .... thanks
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

The Foxy Posted at 2-18 20:10
I did one more flight today / yesterday 3 hours after the flight I did after the error appeared ... this second flight was also normal and without the error appearing, but as you said it must come randomly ... I already sent an email to dji support asking what should I do ... I bought it through the Chinese website Banggood ... exchanging this drone for another one (if necessary) will give me a tremendous headache ...

Yeah that is the really strange thing with these Downward Vision Sensor errors, it can go many many flights between the error messages appearing. The drone also flies, hovers and lands perfectly and seems absolutely normal. It will eventually, over the course of a few weeks though, get worse.

I wouldn't worry too much, you have done the right thing by getting in touch with DJI Support to open a ticket. They are great and will have it sorted for you in no time. Most likely DJI will ask to see the flight log where the error appeared and then email you a shipping label with a request for the drone to be sent in for analysis. You will then receive a brand new unit if it is determined to be a manufacturing fault (as opposed to a crashed unit for example).

Keep us updated how it goes.
2021-2-18
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2-18 19:51
Please don't give out incorrect information as you are completely wrong. You can only calibrate the sensors on the Mini 1 via the assistant software. It cannot be done with the Mini 2!

Actually lil man they are the same sensors and you’re nobody’s boss on here either
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 2-18 20:46
Actually lil man they are the same sensors and you’re nobody’s boss on here either

They may be the same sensors, but only on the Mini 1 can they be calibrated via the DJI Assistant. Please keep up. I guess thats why you deleted your nonsensical post providing the incorrect advice lol.

The poster is clearly quite anxious about the issue they are experiencing and you added to that anxiety with your false information. If you don't know what you are talking about, which you clearly don't, perhaps butt out of future conversations. Otherwise you run the risk of making yourself sound even more ignorant.
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Sometimes flying over dark surfaces can create this message or if they are dirty ... You said you are updated to the latest version?

What happened to your previous post where you insisted calibrating the sensors on the Mini 2 via DJI Assistant was possible? You obviously quickly scurried off with your tail between your legs and deleted it after realising how foolishly wrong you were lol.
2021-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

The Foxy Posted at 2-18 20:12
hello Stephen ... i already sent an email to support, i'm already waiting for the answer about what i should do about it .... thanks

Hello there The Foxy. Thank you for the reply and it is good to know that you have already send an email to our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-2-18
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 21:55
Hello there The Foxy. Thank you for the reply and it is good to know that you have already send an email to our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

Could you help me please? that day i got in touch with DJI support and they answered me asking for more information, however, when i answered with the information they had asked for, they are not answering anymore, until today i am waiting and nothing ... there is something you can do to help me ? the store that sold me the product is also waiting for that answer ... thanks
2021-2-23
Use props
Moses Brown
lvl.1

United States

I have a screen recording of the message when it came up. I'll try again tomorrow because a restart fixed it
2021-11-14
Use props
JonasFlies
New
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2021-2-18 12:31
Yes you will need to either take it back to the store you bought it for replacement, or contact DJI. It is a defective unit and this error is caused by a faulty gimbal coaxial cable. The error only appears intermittently but it will not go away completely. Eventually, it will result in the drone being unable to take off due to not being able to clear the red Vision Sensor error message. You will also eventually notice a number of these error codes - 180016, 180017 and 180030, all relating to the Downward Vision Sensors and the fauly coaxial cable.

Glad I found this! I got my Dji Mini 2 for Christmas, It was working fine, then one day it started showing those errors, and I got a little worried. Found a Youtube video that seemed to give it a temporary fix, but it has just been getting worse, and now it did it when I was in the air. Was worried I did something wrong. Thanks for clarifying.
2022-2-25
Use props
Tony Bassil
New
Flight distance : 238494 ft
Lebanon

Hello,
I am having the same problem on my dji mini 2. The errors of vision sensors started appearing rarely at first. But after not using the drone for 3 months and turn it on and updated everything, the message keeps appearing makes it unable to fly. But the weird thing is that i never crashed my drone not even once. And the weirdest  is that after turn it on and off many times, the message disappeared twice and when I tried to fly the drone it got out of control but I was able to put it down with a minor injury in my hand. My question is does this out of control thing is related to the downward vision sensor or is it something else?
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules