Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
About RTH
1282 19 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I wonder. In what situations the RTH function is automatically activated.
2021-2-19
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

1- When you lose completely the connection with the remote longer than 10-11 seconds.

2- When you press the RTH button on the remote.
2021-2-19
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Also when the battery voltage gets low and with enough power to make it back to home.
2021-2-19
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Starting at the bottom of page 12 of the manual...
RTH is automatically activated when when signal from the remote controller is lost for 11 seconds provided that you have the setting for that function set to RTH (can also be hover or land).
RTH is automatically activated when the battery is low enough to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected.
RTH is automatically activated 10 seconds after a low battery warning if no action is taken.
More details in the manual.
2021-2-19
Use props
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

Flaming Posted at 2-19 12:55
1- When you lose completely the connection with the remote longer than 10-11 seconds.

2- When you press the RTH button on the remote.

Thank you,

Lost completely to connection with RC mean is 'Aircraft not connected to RC' alert also include that situation?
2021-2-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Beware of spurious claims of AC not connected with RC, it's only when all the LEDs on the remote blink that AC (is) not connected to RC. Otherwise you might have a wrongfully announced RC not connected to MD, which implies your AC still responds to your stick commands and it's not RTHing even if it's announced by the app. It will however RTH if you don't want to fly blind and press and hold the RTH/pause button on the RC.
2021-2-19
Use props
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

m80116 Posted at 2-19 13:41
Beware of spurious claims of AC not connected with RC, it's only when all the LEDs on the remote blink that AC not connected to RC. Otherwise you might have a wrongfully announced RC not connected to MD, which implies your AC still respond to your stick commands and it's not RTHing even if it's announced by the app. It will however RTH if you don't want to fly blind and press and hold then RTH/pause button on the RC.

Then, if the aircraft does not automatically activate RTH after the'Aircraft no connected to RC' warning and the aircraft falls into the sea even when the RTH button is physically pressed, is this a technical defect of the aircraft or RC?

BE9B1949-BFAE-4BFD-AC22-2680E9662380_1_102_o.jpeg
2021-2-19
Use props
DRONE MAJOR
lvl.2

United States

1- When you lose completely the connection with the remote longer than 10-11 seconds.  2- When you press the RTH button on the remote.
2021-2-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ToffeeKiba Posted at 2-19 13:52
Then, if the aircraft does not automatically activate RTH after the'Aircraft no connected to RC' warning and the aircraft falls into the sea even when the RTH button is physically pressed, is this a technical defect of the aircraft or RC?

[view_image]

There are at least two issues here. If you have received a warning that the aircraft is not connected to the Remote Controller, then pressing the RTH button will have no effect. There is no connection to send the RTH command. However, the aircraft should have automatically gone into RTH at the loss of signal.

As for dropping into the sea, that has nothing to do with RTH, it most likely means you battery got to a dangerously low level and the aircraft shut down.
2021-2-19
Use props
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-19 15:10
There are at least two issues here. If you have received a warning that the aircraft is not connected to the Remote Controller, then pressing the RTH button will have no effect. There is no connection to send the RTH command. However, the aircraft should have automatically gone into RTH at the loss of signal.

As for dropping into the sea, that has nothing to do with RTH, it most likely means you battery got to a dangerously low level and the aircraft shut down.

Yes. I also seem to have a problem. In my situation, the altitude is about 40m, so I don't think that the forced fall of the AC would have occurred due to an impact from any other object. If not connected between AC and RC, I think AC should have hovering in place and RTH should have been activated automatically. But unfortunately, as soon as the signal was cut off, the AC descended and fell into the sea.
2021-2-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

ToffeeKiba Posted at 2-19 16:15
Yes. I also seem to have a problem. In my situation, the altitude is about 40m, so I don't think that the forced fall of the AC would have occurred due to an impact from any other object. If not connected between AC and RC, I think AC should have hovering in place and RTH should have been activated automatically. But unfortunately, as soon as the signal was cut off, the AC descended and fell into the sea.

Make sure that the home point was saved correctly, not far away or not at all. That can happen if you rush the takeoff before having acquired enough satellites.

Nevermind, it seems to show up correctly in your screenshot.

2021-2-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ToffeeKiba Posted at 2-19 16:15

But unfortunately, as soon as the signal was cut off, the AC descended and fell into the sea.
You can lose connection if you fly too far or fly behind an obstacle.
But that's not what you are talking about.
Your drone didn't lose signal and fall from the air.
It shut down, fell from the air and then there was no signal.
2021-2-19
Use props
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-19 21:06
But unfortunately, as soon as the signal was cut off, the AC descended and fell into the sea.
You can lose connection if you fly too far or fly behind an obstacle.
But that's not what you are talking about.

my flight record show me AC was h:41m. You can check in the image I attached. so my guess is 1. bad connection or lost signal, 2. fell down to sea.
you mean 1. fell down to sea, 2. power shut down, 3. lost signal. is it? How do you describe the descent?
2021-2-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Typically (and ideally) a Mavic Mini doens't fall into the sea for no reason.

If you post your flight log (seek instructions) there are people here willing and competent to investigate the root cause of the incident.

If your MM didn't return chances are you pushed its limits too far, probably with not enough battery or strong wind... and it most likely didn't fall or tumble down but as a final measure before subsiding to low battery attempted to land on water (which is normally rejected as water is moving thus not providing a suitable optical image that it deems safe).
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ToffeeKiba. Thanks for reaching out! Aside from Smart RTH or by pressing the RTH button either on the DJI Fly or on the remote, here are other scenarios wherein the RTH would automatically prompt or activate.
2021-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ToffeeKiba Posted at 2-19 21:25
my flight record show me AC was h:41m. You can check in the image I attached. so my guess is 1. bad connection or lost signal, 2. fell down to sea.
you mean 1. fell down to sea, 2. power shut down, 3. lost signal. is it? How do you describe the descent?
Losing signal won't ever cause the drone to fall from the air.
But losing power will cause loss of signal.
When there's no drone, there's no signal.

How do you describe the descent?
I can't describe the descent - I didn't see it or the flight data.
And you haven't given a clear explanation of what happened.

2021-2-20
Use props
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-20 01:31
Losing signal won't ever cause the drone to fall from the air.
But losing power will cause loss of signal.
When there's no drone, there's no signal.

I apologize for my choice of words, and I seem to have provided you with limited information and only asked my questions.

0. I have experience flying drones. However, my last flight was 2-3 years ago and I thought I needed to adapt to the new aircraft.1. I started my first flight in a park adjacent to the sea.
2. at that moment i doing practic flight. speed, altitude, distance, response between AC and RC, etc
3. During my last flight, I did not expect, but a warning'Aircraft not connected RC' was displayed on the screen and I was unable to check the flight status. I couldn't move the coordinator carelessly. This is because I was worried about the damage that could be obtained from a user mistake.
4. I physically pressed the button on RTH and pressed 'Start Flashing and Beeping' in the find my drone menu.
5. No reaction was found, and I searched for the drone. Then a person walking in the park told me that the aircraft suddenly fell during flight, and roughly gave me the location and I went there. However, it was the sea.
6. I contacted customer support, and while waiting for their answers, I asked for answers to my questions without giving detailed explanations of my situation on the forum.

flight record list

flight record list
2021-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ToffeeKiba Posted at 2-20 07:54
I apologize for my choice of words, and I seem to have provided you with limited information and only asked my questions.

0. I have experience flying drones. However, my last flight was 2-3 years ago and I thought I needed to adapt to the new aircraft.1. I started my first flight in a park adjacent to the sea.

3. During my last flight, I did not expect, but a warning'Aircraft not connected RC' was displayed on the screen
If your drone loses signal during flight, that will initiate RTH procedure.
The drone will return if it can.
Possible reasons for not returning are things like obstacles or strong winds.
Losing signal in flight does not cause the drone to fall.

If your drone loses power (bad battery or battery connection, hardware fault etc), it falls and you also get teh Aircraft not connected RC message.

5. No reaction was found, and I searched for the drone. Then a person walking in the park told me that the aircraft suddenly fell during flight, and roughly gave me the location and I went there. However, it was the sea.
Did this person actually see your drone flying and fall into the water?
Or did they see something else?
Your flight track in those screenshots isn't over the water.

Without seeing the recorded flight data, we are all just guessing.
But if the drone lost power, the data will only show flight details up to the time of the power loss, but it can help eliminate some possibilities.

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data post a link for the report here (even if it looks like an empty report).
Or just post the .txt file.

2021-2-20
Use props
ToffeeKiba
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-20 14:43
3. During my last flight, I did not expect, but a warning'Aircraft not connected RC' was displayed on the screen
If your drone loses signal during flight, that will initiate RTH procedure.
The drone will return if it can.

Hello,

I found some other things for share record.

https://app.airdata.com/share/zIalaB/GENERAL
2021-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ToffeeKiba Posted at 2-20 15:07
Hello,

I found some other things for share record.

OK .. your flight data shows you flying straight ahead to the west at full speed until the data ends at 699.4 seconds with the drone 737 feet away and 136 feet up, out over the water.
The battery is good and the pitch and roll data show that there was no collision.

This doesn't show the cause of the loss of the drone, but it does show what it wasn't.
The drone was most likely lost because of a sudden total power loss.
The battery may have dislodged due to swelling or not being clipped in properly or some other major hardware fault might be responsible.

2021-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules