No Google map in field
1933 5 2015-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Today when out in the field away from any internet connection, PC Ground Station would not load the map up - and eventually said it needed an internet connection (the 'CONNECT' button remained unavailable.  This is even though I was in this exact same spot a week ago and Ground Station worked fine.  The only difference being that I saved a specific mission (.awm file) for the area before I went out this morning.

It seems from experience that if you save a mission file at home whilst online, the software seems to save the local map data with it (I don't know how or to what extent, but it seems to work), so that when out in the field away from any internet, the map is still there.  However today, it didn't work.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

While you have internet access, make sure the map cache is compeletly, and retart the air end as well as ground end to see
2015-7-11
Use props
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-11 18:07
While you have internet access, make sure the map cache is compeletly, and retart the air end as wel ...

Dear DJI Cathy, Thanks for your reply.

I did not understand your sentence:  Did you mean "make sure the map cache is complete"?  If yes, how do I do that, i.e. what is the criteria for successful caching of the map data so that it displays at full resolution whilest offline?

Many thanks for your attention.
2015-7-13
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Rennie Posted at 2015-7-13 16:10
Dear DJI Cathy, Thanks for your reply.

I did not understand your sentence:  Did you mean "make sur ...

While you have internet access, for the first time, pls connect the GS VPN and get the place where you want to fly displayed succefully
I mean you can use your mouse move to where you want and enlarge it until you see all the street and bulidings. After that, the second time you open the GS software offline and the place is still there
2015-7-14
Use props
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK, thanks DJI-Cathy - much appreciated.  This is what I had guessed, and what I had previously done, so I must have accidentally cleared the cache.

Many thanks,  Ren
2015-7-22
Use props
Rennie
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Happened to me again today - Ahhhhh!!!!!

I think it might have something to do with VPN Mode.  I thought this was for 'Virtual Private Networks' and was only if you needed to get internet access for Google map access if in, say, a large company with a private network?  But is this not the case?  When I hit VPN Mode in the initial GS 'flash screen' it goes into an 'online' Mode which I haven't seen before (as I could always see Google maps OK when normally online, and NOT pressing this button, I am distinctly confused.

Any further explanation gratefully received.
2015-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules