DJI GO App keeps disconnecting, any help?
3064 7 2021-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gabbudronezzy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft

Italy

Hello everyone, i just bought a used P3S and I'm having a very bothering problem.
Almost everytime i connect it to the DJI GO app, at some point it disconnects and i lose the video feedback.
I actually managed to succesfully fly the aircraft a couple of times with almost no issues, i believe the longest flight lasted
about 6 minutes before disconnecting, fortunately it was really close and i managed to land safely.
It's really annoying as i bought it primarily for video purposes and when this happens i can't start/stop recording.

i'll try to give a quick description of what i do, maybe it can help in identifying my problem:

- I turn on the remote, wait a bit and turn on the aircraft, the two connect, RC status LED turns green
- Turn on airplane mode and then wi-fi on the phone, wait for succesful connection
- Open DJI GO app, wait for it to recognize the aircraft and enter Camera mode

From this point on:
- Most of the times (Let's say 8 out of 10) all is working fine, I get live image, i get notified of Beginner Mode (which i activated), i have all telemetry, if GPS signal is strong it even displays "Safe to Fly", and then at a completely random time (In flight or on ground seems to make no difference) the image suddenly goes black and white, all telemetry is gone (no bars, only N/A), the status bar displays "Disconnected" or "Remote control signal weak", and the remote status LED turns red, yet i'm still able to control the drone and the gimbal from it.

- Rest of the times Camera mode starts already with "Remote control signal weak" and no telemetry, remote LED turns red as soon as i enter camera mode, and yet i'm still in full control of aircraft and gimbal.

As far as I know the AC never had any crashes, you can really never know buying used, but the seller felt like an honest guy and the drone itself looks as good as new.
Hope you guys can help, i'm getting kinda desperate.

Aircraft FW: 1.9.20

As far as the App goes, i tried three phones, all three with same results:
(Also noticed the seller was using it with an iPhone, don't know if it's any help.)

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
Android 5.1.1
App: 3.1.61

Huawei P10 lite
Android: 8.0.0
App: 3.1.61

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro
MIUI: 12.0.2
Android: 10.QKQ1.191215.002
App: 3.1.62

I read maybe a firmware and app downdgrade could solve this, any working guide on how to do that?
Thank you in advance.

Edit: I feel i should add that the App won't reconnect untill i turn off and on again the drone and the RC, and it does the same problem all the times.

2021-2-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I think you have a WIFI issue on your system. Did  you put your mobiles in airplane mode and started the WIFI over hand again yet?
2021-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gabbudronezzy. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Samsung Galaxy J3, Huawei P10 Lite, Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 3 Standard and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that these said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy J3, Huawei P10 Lite, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go application. Thank you.

2021-2-22
Use props
gabbudronezzy
lvl.1

Italy

Peterx Posted at 2-22 15:16
I think you have a WIFI issue on your system. Did  you put your mobiles in airplane mode and started the WIFI over hand again yet?

Hi, thanks for replying.

Yep, i tried closing the app, turning off and on again wifi on airplane mode and it will reconnect to the Phantom wifi as normal, but the LED on the RC stays red and the app doesn't recognize the aircraft. If i manually select the P3S it just goes to the black screen, "Remote Control Signal Weak", no telemetry scenario i described in the original post.

tried this procedure on all three devices with same results.
Even tried restarting the devices in addition to restarting the wifi, same thing.

Also, when the App says disconnected the phone is still connected to the Phantom wifi.
I'm starting to think it's an App issue.
2021-2-23
Use props
gabbudronezzy
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-22 20:51
Hello there gabbudronezzy. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Samsung Galaxy J3, Huawei P10 Lite, Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 3 Standard and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that these said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy J3, Huawei P10 Lite, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Phantom 3 Standard and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello, thanks for replying.

I will try to get ahold of an approved device, maybe from a friend or something, and do a couple of tests.
Thank you.
2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gabbudronezzy Posted at 2-23 03:11
Hello, thanks for replying.

I will try to get ahold of an approved device, maybe from a friend or something, and do a couple of tests.

Hello there gabbudronezzy. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-2-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you not cover the upperpart of the RC shell through anything? If you did that then the WIFI will be disturbed and the signal is weakened or broken.
2021-4-6
Use props
gabbudronezzy
lvl.1

Italy

Hello again, felt like i should give an update since it's been kind of a long time since the last one.
A couple months ago i've ended up buying a refurbished iPhone 7 Plus, installed the app and it all worked (and it is still working) completely fine, no signal loss, no problems at all.
So yeah, i guess it was issues with the Android app.
Kind of a bummer not being able to use the drone from my main phone but still better than not being able to use it at all.

Thanks for the help anyway everyone, much appreciated.
2022-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules