Jerky stabilization when rotating z-axis
415 1 2021-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YoitsTmac
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone!

I've been loving my Ronin and have been making incredible pieces of cinematography as a result. I am sadly however limited in my shots due to the gimbal's ability to smoothen inputs on the z-axis. I want to do shots circling my subject, but can't due to this issue. Think of a circle, where the center of the circle is my subject,  my movement path is the circumfrenece and I am always aiming at the center.

What happens when I try to attempt this is that there's like 3-8 degrees of dead space, where I can rotate the Ronin and it'll take a very long time to react (like 15 seconds to return to center), however if I rotate (even slowly) beyond that small buffer zone, I'll get a quick, jerky and not smooth jitter with the camera now constantly on that buffer zone. I feel it should smooth my motions all the time. I have played with the settings in the app and have tried a bunch of things with nothing noticeable alleviating this issue. Any advice would be appreciated. I need to do more shots beyond simple (but smooth!) pans.

example of a desired shot: 21:19 on this video https://youtu.be/CuiujPC8cmo?t=1279
Or any of the shots in the 10 seconds prior, with mild rotations on the z-axis
2021-2-22
Use props
YoitsTmac
lvl.1

United States

bump? anyone?
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules