525 6 2021-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1885056 ft
Lithuania

Hi,
while I'm waiting for my first MA2, trying to read as much as I can, in order to avoid incidents, which other pilots faced earlier
It would be interesting to understand how the altitude would be treated in such scenario:
Let's say, I'm on the cliff, which is 500 meters above sea level and would start drone from this place. Would it be possible to decend drone below the point it started? Let say 50m.
If yes, would the altitude be negative in this scenario?

Thanks

2021-2-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, as the altitude is measured relative to the starting point, a negative altitude can also be displayed ...
2021-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep.  no probs at all as long as you can see the drone whilst you do it.
2021-2-24
Use props
ReDave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285738 ft
United States

duplicate, sorry...   not used to this forum 'post' button
2021-2-24
Use props
ReDave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285738 ft
United States

Hello,     
  I also struggled with this.      My backyard is at the base of a hill,  and one of my main goals is to explore that area,   fairly quickly if i go up 400 feet,   and then fly level at the hill,  i will hit a tree, or even the ground.
I'm pretty sure my GPS device will calculate altitude,   but i guess the mapping does not show elevations?
2021-2-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Marius_LTU. Thanks for reaching out! As already been mentioned, the altitude or height is relative to your starting point which would be 0. If you fly below that, the app would display a negative height.
2021-2-25
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1885056 ft
Lithuania

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 01:49
Hi, Marius_LTU. Thanks for reaching out! As already been mentioned, the altitude or height is relative to your starting point which would be 0. If you fly below that, the app would display a negative height.

Thank you, for replies!
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules