Orientation logo in App & range
1002 8 2021-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JTHK
New
Flight distance : 32556 ft
Netherlands

I have the DJI Mini 2 for a few weeks and I have been flyingabout a dozen times.

I live in a rural area but the drone doesn't seem to get any further then 300-400 m and then the signal is lost.

Another thing is that the Orientation logo, or baseball pitch as some call it, has never appeared in the Fly App.

It should be down in the middle, but I have never seen it.

I have the latest firmware and everything else seems to be working fine.

How to solve these two issues? Are they related?

Thanks!
IMG_4622.jpg
2021-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JTHK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and the orientation icon is located at the bottom left hand corner of the DJI Fly application screen. Thank you.
2021-2-24
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

The orientation symbol is hidden behind the map: orientierungssymbol.JPG
2021-2-24
Use props
JTHK
New
Flight distance : 32556 ft
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 02:37
Hello there JTHK. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and the orientation icon is located at the bottom left hand corner of the DJI Fly application screen. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro, latest software and I have tried  flying in Airplane mode, no difference.

I mean the symbol down in the middle, yellow arrow.

Meanwhile I found out i'm in a:
Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear blue in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account.

Each time I take of I check a box and confirm.

Thanks for your input.
Jack
2021-2-24
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

On your screenshot of the fly app it appears your on a older version of the fly app. Current app as of today is 1.2.5. You can also get the latest version here. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Also look at ozoffi screenshot.
2021-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ting-ting Posted at 2-24 03:29
On your screenshot of the fly app it appears your on a older version of the fly app. Current app as of today is 1.2.5. You can also get the latest version here. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Also look at ozoffi screenshot.

I believe Android devices are still on 1.2.4 or at least that what it shows on the link you provided.  Could be iOS updated to 1.2.5 via the Apple store.

Updates for Android does get confusing since DJI refuses to update the Fly App via the Google Play Store.  

2021-2-24
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 06:40
I believe Android devices are still on 1.2.4 or at least that what it shows on the link you provided.  Could be iOS updated to 1.2.5 via the Apple store.

Updates for Android does get confusing since DJI refuses to update the Fly App via the Google Play Store.

Yeah google playstore is still at 1.2.1. Been basically just going to the dji download page for the fly app
2021-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-2-25
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 06:40

how do you know "DJI refuses"?

2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules