536 4 2021-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wiljan5560
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81821 ft
Netherlands

Hope this can be solved,
So i have installed App 1.2.4 on my Android 11 Samsung S10+ phone. Today I have been flying with the mini 2, and the only issue I have seen, is the little dot from the operator on the map. This dot is not pointing towards the drone as it should be. If I almost turn away and from the opposite direction then this little blue controller arrow is pointing towards the drone.
However when I truly look at the drone and my controller is pointing towards the drone as well, then this little blue controller arrow is really pointing in a wrong position....What is your view on this and how can this be solved quickly?

thanks and regards

2021-2-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blue arrow on the dot gets its heading from the mobile device compass, so calibrate your mob device
It is is 180 degrees wrong after calib than put the device the other way in the RC clamps.
cheers
JJB
2021-2-24
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

.  Any metal ne’er the controller can throw the compass off in your phone. A simple belt buckle.   Something simple in your pocket can throw it off. , a car, fence anything metal.
2021-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wiljan5560. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to do a compass calibration of your mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. In addition, please try to connect you mobile device to the said DJI remote controller ( please note to leave the controller turned off ) then calibrate your mobile device's compass. After this process you can now turn the remote controller on and then your DJI Mini 2 aircraft. Thank you.
2021-2-24
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-24 20:26
.  Any metal ne’er the controller can throw the compass off in your phone. A simple belt buckle.   Something simple in your pocket can throw it off. , a car, fence anything metal.

If that were really that sensitive, you couldn't use a smartphone IN THE CAR for navigation ...
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules