What is the longest duration we can set for time lapse on pocket 2
5256 7 2021-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

What is the longest duration we can set for time lapse on pocket 2?

2021-2-27
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

66 people viewed but none answered.
After watching several videos the answer is it can do it for 5 hrs for which external power source is required too.
2021-3-2
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

for stationary timelapse: you can set infinity for the duration. or 5 min, 10 min....5hr

For motionlaspe,  since gimbal needs to turn form point A to point B, a duration is needed for the move. so at most 5hr

for hyperlapse, always infinity . click to start, click to end recording.
2021-3-4
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

DJI-ytao Posted at 3-4 22:44
for stationary timelapse: you can set infinity for the duration. or 5 min, 10 min....5hr

For motionlaspe,  since gimbal needs to turn form point A to point B, a duration is needed for the move. so at most 5hr

Thanks for this confirmation.
Is it ok to use longer duration motion lapse with power cable plugged in from external source?
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ranjan Posted at 3-7 00:25
Thanks for this confirmation.
Is it ok to use longer duration motion lapse with power cable plugged in from external source?

no such setting for the current firmware...
2021-3-8
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

DJI-ytao Posted at 3-8 20:13
no such setting for the current firmware...

There is an Infinity setting for the time in the latest firmware, check again, else you can surly set up to 5 hours time duration which would need external power supply thats what I I wanted to confirm.
2021-3-8
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ranjan Posted at 3-8 20:18
There is an Infinity setting for the time in the latest firmware, check again, else you can surly set up to 5 hours time duration which would need external power supply thats what I I wanted to confirm.

This seems unusual, but I just checked on both the older Osmo Pocket and the Pocket 2. There's an infinity setting under 'Duration' with the Osmo Pocket, but not so with the Pocket 2.
I've never done a time-lapse more than a couple of hours, but by having a decent PD type powerbank I'm sure you can do it.
2021-3-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I am wondering the same thing, tried to look for a suitable power bank but haven't found one that I know for sure to be compatible, to keep the camera rolling without shutting down in the middle of the recording and to not damage the Pocket 2.

DJI has stated that using an AC adapter while recording is not recommended due to possible overheating, so that rules that option out.

I was wondering if one of these could do the trick: https://www.anker.com/es/products/variant/powercore-metro-20,000-mah-battery/A1268H11-2

Anyone having experiences about this one?
2021-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules