DJI Mavic 2 Pro Functionality.
935 31 2021-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dispatchdog
New
Flight distance : 169573 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently bought a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and was very disspaointed that it is not compatible with the DJI Go4 App, no intelligent flight modes and the Pilot App is somewhat limited, to be honest I'm not happy with DJI and their lack of foresight about making this machine work with the GO4 App. Come on DJI get your act together, operators like myself paid a lot of money for this equipment and to find out that we are limited in it's use is not on!

2021-2-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have recently bought a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and was very disspaointed that it is not compatible with the DJI Go4 App,
Come on Dispatchdog get your act together,
Go back and try again.
The only app that works with the Mavic 2 pro is DJI Go 4.
That's the app that all Mavic 2 pro owners use.
2021-2-28
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Mavic 2 Pro (I use it as well) works  very well with DJI Go4., at least in may case.  
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dispatchdog. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The DJI GO 4 is compatible with the DJI GO 4. If you can't access the Intelligent Flight Modes or having trouble with it, please check whether the Multiple Flight Modes is enabled under the Main Controller Settings. Please also check whether your DJI GO 4 is on the latest version. For Android users, you can download the latest version of the DJI GO 4 here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2021-2-28
Use props
Dispatchdog
New
Flight distance : 169573 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 06:31
Hi, Dispatchdog. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The DJI GO 4 is compatible with the DJI GO 4. If you can't access the Intelligent Flight Modes or having trouble with it, please check whether the Multiple Flight Modes is enabled under the Main Controller Settings. Please also check whether your DJI GO 4 is on the latest version. For Android users, you can download the latest version of the DJI GO 4 here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Thanks for not jumping down my throat, also for the reply.
2021-2-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dispatchdog Posted at 2-28 09:19

My reply was what you should expect when you make such a bombastic post about something that's just not true.
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dispatchdog Posted at 2-28 09:19

You're most welcome and hope that helps.
2021-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you buy the enterprise edition?  That version doesn't have the flight modes or go4 app use,  it uses pilot app and allows for other accessories to be paired with it,  its aimed at commercial use and fire and rescue type operations.  

Also as youre in the UK you should make sure you check up on the new EASA rules that cover the Mavic 2,  because of it weight we are now very restricted where we can use it as you have to stay 150m away from people/structures/buildings/ruins/beaches etc.  Basically empty countryside only now.
2021-3-1
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 00:30
Did you buy the enterprise edition?  That version doesn't have the flight modes or go4 app use,  it uses pilot app and allows for other accessories to be paired with it,  its aimed at commercial use and fire and rescue type operations.  

Also as youre in the UK you should make sure you check up on the new EASA rules that cover the Mavic 2,  because of it weight we are now very restricted where we can use it as you have to stay 150m away from people/structures/buildings/ruins/beaches etc.  Basically empty countryside only now.

Yes, very restricted, but...... if you have the - so called - competence exam (30 questions test)), you can fly in C2/A2, which isn't so restrictive (30 m from from people, at low speed 5 m). It is valid until 1st of January, 2023, after it you can fly only in C3/A3 (150m distance from people, structure, etc.), because of the lack of the labelling (matrices) (c2). I have read somewhere, DJI is trying to "make" something", they are in conversation with the EASA and different authorities.  I hope it's right.
2021-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-1 01:01
Yes, very restricted, but...... if you have the - so called - competence exam (30 questions test)), you can fly in C2/A2, which isn't so restrictive (30 m from from people, at low speed 5 m). It is valid until 1st of January, 2023, after it you can fly only in C3/A3 (150m distance from people, structure, etc.), because of the lack of the labelling (matrices) (c2). I have read somewhere, DJI is trying to "make" something", they are in conversation with the EASA and different authorities.  I hope it's right.

The A2CofC  is not a 30 question exam and you have to pay here at least £100 to do it.
2021-3-1
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 01:26
The A2CofC  is not a 30 question exam and you have to pay here at least £100 to do it.

Thank you for your response. Here (in Hungary) probably  must be a bit different. If I would take (I don't know yet) the C2/A2 exam, that demands 30 questions test, I could fly in C2/A2. It costs about 30 Euro.
2021-3-1
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 01:26

Uhhh, The A2 CofC does cost about £100, that's true.  But the exam is a 30 question exam.  I've taken it and it certainly was 30 questions.  :-)
2021-3-1
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-1 01:01
Yes, very restricted, but...... if you have the - so called - competence exam (30 questions test)), you can fly in C2/A2, which isn't so restrictive (30 m from from people, at low speed 5 m). It is valid until 1st of January, 2023, after it you can fly only in C3/A3 (150m distance from people, structure, etc.), because of the lack of the labelling (matrices) (c2). I have read somewhere, DJI is trying to "make" something", they are in conversation with the EASA and different authorities.  I hope it's right.

Slight correction here...  If you hold the A2 CofC you can fly the Mavic 2 Pro in the A2 "Legacy" class which allows you to fly up to 50m from people.  The 30m from people (or 5M in low speed mode) does not apply to legacy aircraft but C2 aircraft only.  There are no C2 aircraft currently available and currently the Mavic 2 Pro is not a C2 aircraft.  We all have our fingers crossed for a retrospective C2 classification for the Mavic 2 Pro but that hasn't happened yet in either the EASA jurisdictions or the CAA jurisdiction.  Let's all hope.
2021-3-1
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-1 04:05
Thank you for your response. Here (in Hungary) probably  must be a bit different. If I would take (I don't know yet) the C2/A2 exam, that demands 30 questions test, I could fly in C2/A2. It costs about 30 Euro.

You should take it - especially at such a low cost.  The course is very good - I learnt a lot.
2021-3-1
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try resetting the connection. Maybe you ended up being in Wi-Fi mode. Also check the beginner's mode in settings, it sure is somewhat limiting.
2021-3-1
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

MDJ Posted at 3-1 05:41
Slight correction here...  If you hold the A2 CofC you can fly the Mavic 2 Pro in the A2 "Legacy" class which allows you to fly up to 50m from people.  The 30m from people (or 5M in low speed mode) does not apply to legacy aircraft but C2 aircraft only.  There are no C2 aircraft currently available and currently the Mavic 2 Pro is not a C2 aircraft.  We all have our fingers crossed for a retrospective C2 classification for the Mavic 2 Pro but that hasn't happened yet in either the EASA jurisdictions or the CAA jurisdiction.  Let's all hope.

Yes really, let's hope.
2021-3-1
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

MDJ Posted at 3-1 05:43
You should take it - especially at such a low cost.  The course is very good - I learnt a lot.

Thank you, of course I will take the exam. Base level (A1/A3) has been absolved, next is for A2.
2021-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MDJ Posted at 3-1 05:37
Uhhh, The A2 CofC does cost about £100, that's true.  But the exam is a 30 question exam.  I've taken it and it certainly was 30 questions.  :-)

AH OK,  I stand corrected,  the mocks Id seen were more than 30 questions.
2021-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MDJ Posted at 3-1 05:41
Slight correction here...  If you hold the A2 CofC you can fly the Mavic 2 Pro in the A2 "Legacy" class which allows you to fly up to 50m from people.  The 30m from people (or 5M in low speed mode) does not apply to legacy aircraft but C2 aircraft only.  There are no C2 aircraft currently available and currently the Mavic 2 Pro is not a C2 aircraft.  We all have our fingers crossed for a retrospective C2 classification for the Mavic 2 Pro but that hasn't happened yet in either the EASA jurisdictions or the CAA jurisdiction.  Let's all hope.

From the EASA presentation I saw at Christmas there is a remanufacture process where you can return the drone to the manufacturer to be reworked to meet classification,  but the manufacturer has to offer that as a service.
2021-3-2
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 00:11
From the EASA presentation I saw at Christmas there is a remanufacture process where you can return the drone to the manufacturer to be reworked to meet classification,  but the manufacturer has to offer that as a service.

Don't You know or was it discussed what "remanufacture" can mean. Thanks.
2021-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-2 01:37
Don't You know or was it discussed what "remanufacture" can mean. Thanks.

Yes. It had to be returned to the manufacturer for any modification required and for the classification label to be applied.
2021-3-2
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 00:11

Sadly, the issue we'll have in the UK is that while EASA might introduce such a program it will mean nothing to us unless the CAA decide to do the same.  There's no guarantee sadly that the CAA might choose to do so!  Of course, the opposite could potentially happen as well.  However, while I've seen EASA comments alluding to the possibility I've seen nothing similar from the CAA thus far.
2021-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MDJ Posted at 3-2 06:00
Sadly, the issue we'll have in the UK is that while EASA might introduce such a program it will mean nothing to us unless the CAA decide to do the same.  There's no guarantee sadly that the CAA might choose to do so!  Of course, the opposite could potentially happen as well.  However, while I've seen EASA comments alluding to the possibility I've seen nothing similar from the CAA thus far.

CAA is adopting the EASA rules. See http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs ... ion%20Regulation%20(EU)%202019-945%20(as%20retained%20in%20UK%20law).pdf
2021-3-2
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 06:09
CAA is adopting the EASA rules. See http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP1789B%20UK%20Consolidation%20Regulation%20(EU)%202019-945%20(as%20retained%20in%20UK%20law).pdf

Yes you are right that the CAA adopted the new EASA rules on 31 December 2020.  However, also as of that date the UK is no longer a member of EASA due to Brexit.  What that means is that, going forward, if EASA adopts any rule changes in the future, the CAA is under no obligation to adopt the same changes and apply them to either the ANO or CAP 722.  That could also mean that the CAA is under no obligation to not diverge from the EASA rule set in the future.  In fact, the CAA have already announced two changes to the rules that diverge from the EASA rules namely:

1) EASA rules state that the minimum age to fly a drone under the rules is 12.  The new rules changed announced by the CAA is that, in the UK, there is no age requirement to be able to fly provided, if the pilot is under 18, that an adult over 18 with the relevant permissions is supervising.

2) The EASA rules state that, to fly at night, your drone must be equipped with a green flashing strobe.  The CAA has removed that requirement from the UK drone rules.

So, we're already starting to see changes between the "new" EASA rules and the rules put out by the CAA for drones.  We could see more differences in the future.
2021-3-2
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 04:51
Yes. It had to be returned to the manufacturer for any modification required and for the classification label to be applied.

Thank you for the answer. I'm just thinking  how to do that, simply as a person, that is I should send myself, or will it somehow organized by the DJI, or distributors, etc. And one more question: what should be modified to  fulfil the C2/A2 demands.
2021-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-2 10:06
Thank you for the answer. I'm just thinking  how to do that, simply as a person, that is I should send myself, or will it somehow organized by the DJI, or distributors, etc. And one more question: what should be modified to  fulfil the C2/A2 demands.

We don’t know if DJI will even offer this as a service yet, do far they have not committed to do it or confirmed the cost.
2021-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MDJ Posted at 3-2 07:01
Yes you are right that the CAA adopted the new EASA rules on 31 December 2020.  However, also as of that date the UK is no longer a member of EASA due to Brexit.  What that means is that, going forward, if EASA adopts any rule changes in the future, the CAA is under no obligation to adopt the same changes and apply them to either the ANO or CAP 722.  That could also mean that the CAA is under no obligation to not diverge from the EASA rule set in the future.  In fact, the CAA have already announced two changes to the rules that diverge from the EASA rules namely:

1) EASA rules state that the minimum age to fly a drone under the rules is 12.  The new rules changed announced by the CAA is that, in the UK, there is no age requirement to be able to fly provided, if the pilot is under 18, that an adult over 18 with the relevant permissions is supervising.

We could see more differences but the remanufacture process was in the EASA rules for a while so should currently be included. Maybe if a manufacturer offers it they will change their mind but then they have to throw away the entire classification system as how can you enforce the label only being applied at manufacture.
2021-3-2
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 10:28
We don’t know if DJI will even offer this as a service yet, do far they have not committed to do it or confirmed the cost.

Thank you! We'll see.
2021-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-5 04:44
Thank you! We'll see.

Im sure given a bit of time the stickers will be on eBay for us to apply ourselves.
2021-3-5
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-5 04:45
Im sure given a bit of time the stickers will be on eBay for us to apply ourselves.

I like your sense of humor
2021-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 3-5 08:45
I like your sense of humor

Im pretty sure we will see them some day.
2021-3-6
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:24
Im pretty sure we will see them some day.

Let God's voice sound.
2021-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules