DJI Mini 2 issue recording in 4K Samsung S21 Ultra
1867 14 2021-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cayman2020

Switzerland

Hi,

I am having an issue with my DJI Mini 2 and my new Samsung S21 Ultra. I cannot records any video in 4K 25fps and 30fps the image freeze.

When could we use our DJI smart controller with the DJI Mini 2 ???

Kind regards,
Christophe

2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Christophe. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2021-3-1
Use props
Cayman2020

Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 03:47
Hello there Christophe. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Thank you Stephen,

To avoid this, why DJI Mini 2 is not compatible with the DJI smart controller instead to use or buy  an Android devices compatibles?

It's my 3rd DJI drone, I am very disappointed regarding the compatibility of the Mini 2 with the smart controller and now with the new Samsung android devices.

Next time, I will buy a drone from another provider.

Kind regards,
Christophe

2021-3-1
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093816 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I'm also with that problem, tried with three of my extreme pro 64gb cards, didn't solved, bought the recommended extreme 128gb, and it happened too.

I'm all the latest firmware and app version that I've updated expecting this to be solved, still not working...

Tried with a tab s4 tablet and worked fine but using a tablet is not in my plans because of portability...

The tablet has a snapdragon processor while the s21 is exynos.

Is it because of the exynos processor?

What's your version of processor cayman?
2021-3-5
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

Surely the recording of 4K video has nothing to do with the phone that is used? The drone records it on the sd card directly, the phone only records the 720P live feed.
If the Fly app works on your phone then it's "compatible".

I spent two weeks trying to work out why my brand new mini 2 couldn't record 4K video without pixelating and freezing, and eventually discovered the recorded video was all fine, it was the Windows video player on my PC that was just not playing it right. Tried a different MP4 player and it's all good.
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_XSKekOKowZh9
lvl.1
France

Whith s21, DJI Fly freezer the ''picture'' during thé vidéo. Picture ''freeze'' in the DJI Fly application.
2021-3-5
Use props
Cayman2020

Switzerland

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-5 09:47
I'm also with that problem, tried with three of my extreme pro 64gb cards, didn't solved, bought the recommended extreme 128gb, and it happened too.

I'm all the latest firmware and app version that I've updated expecting this to be solved, still not working...

Thanks Diogo for your reply.

The processor is Exynos 2100.

Regarding my issue, I am surprise  that DJI is not supporting us!

Second point, we are all waiting to use the DJI smart controller with the DJI Mini 2!!! I have a Samsung S21 Ultra and DJI smart controller both are not compatible with DJI Mini 2, I am sorry but it's completely crazy that DJI is not taking care of customers request!!!!!

As I said, I will probably never buy DJI drone or equipment from them.

Kind regards,
Chris
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_mOa0NzmskHvz
New
Flight distance : 22854 ft
Norway

I have the exact problem with S21 (not Ultra) The problem is only on 25 and 30 FPS in 4K and not in 2K. But I got the Mini2 because of the 4K so :/
2021-3-10
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093816 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

djiuser_mOa0NzmskHvz Posted at 3-10 00:56
I have the exact problem with S21 (not Ultra) The problem is only on 25 and 30 FPS in 4K and not in 2K. But I got the Mini2 because of the 4K so :/

This might be the best option, just got it in two days from Aliexpress European warehouse, will give a feedback latter but it has 2 things that are better than the s21:

Bigger screen (That I personally don't like/need for daily use)
Brighter screen (Amoled 1200Nits 120hz) The regular s21 and s21+ have 1035Nits and the ultra has 1500Nits

Will test it today but im confident!

It will be my spare phone and is going to be used only for flying and kept along with the drone, I will still keep my s21

2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_ZS48IyyVFwEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000935 ft
Canada

Hello, I have the same problem with my new Samsun S21ultra. It is absolutely not acceptable to have this problem with a new device. It is important to correct the situation quickly.

I also have a problem with saving photos or video in cache mode. The photo / video is only accessible via the SD card. Pathetic.
2021-3-23
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-11 04:59
This might be the best option, just got it in two days from Aliexpress European warehouse, will give a feedback latter but it has 2 things that are better than the s21:

Please give us feedback when you have the chance, I am also planning to buy the exact same phone just for flying drones. I guess it will work as it has a Snapdragon processor, but it would be nice to know for sure. On paper those phones look perfect for the job...

PS: The non-pro version also has an Amoled screen (1100nits), and it is under $180 here...

2021-3-23
Use props
SteveMakler
lvl.1

France

Hi all,
Just buy yesterday my new Mavic DJI 2 Mini but also just seen all your comments about Samsung S21 Ultra compatibility...
I have on my side Samsung S21, anyone of you had issues with it ? (or issues like already listed in this topic ?) I'm wondering about my first flight as Samsung S21 seems not in the list of compatibility of DJI...
I'm taken about all your comments or suggestions.
thanks !
Arthur
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_fWOPmse471kt
lvl.1

Israel

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-11 04:59

do you also need sim card for it? what about authorization zones?
2021-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I also have a S21 Ultra. ZERO problems with it. I can record in every available manner with great results. What about your Micro SD? Is it top of the heap? It needs to be with the demands of 4K.
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_fWOPmse471kt
lvl.1

Israel

When will this be fixed??
2021-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules