Screen Auto Sleep vs Rec Screen Off vs Auto Power Off
2407 3 2021-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Received my new OSMO Action recently.  It came with the most recent firmware already installed.  I have been studying as much as I can on this forum and on YouTube to learn as much as I can about the camera and its features because the user manual is almost useless.  I love the camera so far but having a heard time to determine the functions of the three items in the subject line.  I would like to get an in-depth explanation of the purpose and uses of the Screen Auto Sleep, Rec Screen Off and Auto Power Off settings.  I plan to use my camera mounted on the outside of my airplane and control it using the Mimo app on the iPhone.  I am trying to figure out how to do this the best way possible and also manage the battery power.  It seems to me that unless the OA is attached to external power it will turn itself off after 15 minutes...is that true?  And how do the Screen Sleep and Rec Screen Off options affect the power off operation?  I'm confused!
2021-3-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

screen saver  is the same as screen recording,  both will screen sleep only 1,3,5,10, never.    the camera has also a standby of 5 minutes when using the quick snap.    the auto off is 5, 10 15 there is no never.  this is where we asked DJI  many times over to  have the Developing team implement it, they chose not to.

My suggestion is at the plane  set up and see if the App allows you the distance, 10 ft may be the max LOS no window   no metal in its path, let alone speed.  There is no remote control at all.

2021-3-1
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

At this point in time and given the realities of the situation, I plan to run a 15 foot audio cable to connect my intercom audio to the OA.  I have already bench tested that and it works fine using the audio adapter and 20 feet of TRS connector audio cable.  Next I intend to test a 15 foot USB C cable to power the camera so that I can keep the camera powered up and control start/stop record via the Mimo app.  That will have to do until DJI does the obvious thing and provides a firmware update to incorporate a more elegant solution to make this camera truly equal to/better than a GoPro!
2021-3-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad to know hope the connection works out

10 ft cable works for me  for power.
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules