Overview
  • Date: 2021.03.02
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0000
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.01.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: v01.01.0000
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.3.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.3.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for DJI Motion Controller.
  • Added ability to take off or land by pressing lock button on motion controller.
  • Added tutorial videos for motion controller in goggles.
  • Added calibration for motion controller.
  • Added ability to switch goggles to DJI Digital FPV System.
  • Added Turtle mode.
  • Added Coordinated Turn to Sport mode when using remote controller.
  • Added Find My Drone under safety settings in goggles.
  • Added ability to set camera exposure value manually.
  • Optimized flight performance in all flight modes.
  • Improved transmission stability between air unit and ground unit.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and retry.

2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_sFfyjfDyjb0V
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, I bought a pair of stand-alone dji fpv goggles V2 and don't have the fpv drone as I will be using my fpv goggles with an air unit. How can I get v01.00.06.06 firmware on it as I can't seem to activate firmware v01.01.0000 without having the dji fpv drone. Thank you
2021-3-3
Use props
macoser
lvl.1
Russia

Hello! Please tell me, the goggles from the set work great with your fpv drone. But I have a lot of dji air unit and caddx vista, how can I pairing goggles with firmware 1.01.000 with them.
2021-3-4
Use props
ormandvi
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello, I bought a pair of stand-alone dji fpv goggles V2.  After firmware update to  v01.01.0000 I ca't activate it without having the dji fpv drone.
How to switch to FPV mode and activate goggles? Thank you
2021-3-4
Use props
ormandvi
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi, one more issue: DJI Assistance 2 (fpv) seems doesn't work on Mac Siri. The driver HoRNDIS could not be installed correctly.
Command line installer shows [Process completed], but no security allowance appeared even after reboot. After firmware download process goggles v2 stucks in Updating... and Assistant shows updating error
2021-3-4
Use props
Craig S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150889 ft
United States

djiuser_sFfyjfDyjb0V Posted at 3-3 13:32
Hi, I bought a pair of stand-alone dji fpv goggles V2 and don't have the fpv drone as I will be using my fpv goggles with an air unit. How can I get v01.00.06.06 firmware on it as I can't seem to activate firmware v01.01.0000 without having the dji fpv drone. Thank you

Download the DJI Assistant software to update via usb c on your computer.  Happy flying!
2021-3-4
Use props
djiuser_sFfyjfDyjb0V
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Craig S. Posted at 3-4 04:21
Download the DJI Assistant software to update via usb c on your computer.  Happy flying!

The only firmware avaliable is v01.01.0000 which is fpv drone mode firmware. it doesn't give me the option to activate when connected to the assistant 2.

Please check this short video out for details about the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gsh6RlmSM
2021-3-4
Use props
JP3105
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am also having this issue as are many others.

I bought standalone FPV V2 goggles for £600 !   They were recognised by the DJI Assistant 2 FPV series app on my PC and MAC.  The MAc would not activate them.  
The PC will also not ask for them to be activated.

After several attempts I decided to update to the only firmware shown - 1.01.   Before doing this I checked that I could not put the goggles into FPV mode - there was no option in the menus. 9 I know where it should be ).

The goggles updated ok.

They are still in drone mode though with no option to switch to FPV mode.  They will not ask to be activated and ask me to connect to the DJI Fly App on a phone. This also does NOT work ( several OTG cables tried and both IOS and Android phones tried ).

I have £600 paperweight at the moment.

Please hurry and release new firmware that will fix the problems for us all.

( Incidentally for information to all - The firmware version shown is different depending on if you are in FPV mode or Drone mode ) Drone mode shows 1.01 , FPV mode shows a lower version number ).
2021-3-4
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bit confused since a lot of us just got the DJI FPV Drone, are we needing to upgrade the system as well?
2021-3-4
Use props
JP3105
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you bought the FPV combo you should be good.  

Those of us who bought just the V2 Goggles are currently in limbo if the goggles were shipped in drone mode - we cannot activate them without the drone!  We don’t want the drone - which is why we got just the V2 goggles.

If they came shipped in FPV mode , you can activate with the DJI Assistant app on PC and you are good to go with your air units and vistas.

DJI need to hurry out a firmware fix that lets us choose what mode the goggles boot up in so we can then activate them in fpv mode and get on with our flying.
2021-3-4
Use props
andyWr
New

United Kingdom

Hi there

I also have brought the standalone DJI FPV goggles V2 which I cannot activate.  This was purchased to work with the caddx vista air unit which is on version 1.00.0600 (marked as the "current" version in the DJI Assistant 2).

These are now serving as very expensive paper weights. Before/after successfully updating the goggles firmware to version 1.01.0000 (marked as the "current" version in the DJI Assistant 2).  There is no option to activate the goggles via the DJI Assistant 2.

As others here, I do not have the FPV drone and there is no option in the goggles to switch them into FPV mode.

Even if that is successful, will the goggles pair with the air unit, which is on a different version?

Some acknowledgement from DJI support regarding this issue would be appreciated.

2021-3-5
Use props
FurioMan
lvl.1

Poland

How the F, I can use my V2 googles with my 10 air units??? Are kiddin DJI? WTF?
2021-3-5
Use props
Geckon
lvl.1
Russia

I start to update drone, goggles v2 and remote (from FPV combo using DJI FLY app. in final stage  it just crash and now goggles ask to "goggles firmware out of date connect to DJI FLY and update to latest firmware version" I try to connect to mac with assist app. It sees a drone but not goggles and does now see remote! I try on win. Repudiate goggles but this error do now go out. i don't know what to do
2021-3-5
Use props
Craig S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150889 ft
United States

Finally figured it out you have to go to DJI and download the app on their website not Google play for android.  Install the application and you will be able to activate it.
2021-3-5
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_sFfyjfDyjb0V Posted at 3-3 13:32
Hi, I bought a pair of stand-alone dji fpv goggles V2 and don't have the fpv drone as I will be using my fpv goggles with an air unit. How can I get v01.00.06.06 firmware on it as I can't seem to activate firmware v01.01.0000 without having the dji fpv drone. Thank you

RE:  DJI FPV Goggles V2 Activation Fix

See if this helps;  
2021-3-5
Use props
macoser
lvl.1
Russia

RGMGFitness Posted at 3-5 17:01
RE:  DJI FPV Goggles V2 Activation Fix

See if this helps;  https://youtu.be/7LB4ZaWfiU8

I didn’t have an item "Switch to ..."
2021-3-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

macoser Posted at 3-6 01:46

Check out Joshua Bardwell's other videos.  He's done quite a few this week on the new DJI FPV Drone and all the settings.  There are lots of 'quirky' things going on with it right now so you might find some value in some of his other videos as well.  

Seems like there are some firmware issues and some compatability issues depending on what your doing exactly.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333071 ft
United States

Sport Plus Mode? Feature request for DJI FPV. Is there a way to enable the top speed  (87MPH) of the Drone in Sport mode instead of switching to Manual mode? If not, the option to Bind the C1 Custom button to Sports Plus mode would be a great addition for the people who don't want to learn Acro to be able to go as fast as possible.
2021-3-18
Use props
AlexGK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232264 ft
Ukraine

macoser Posted at 3-6 01:46

Have you found a way to switch to the other mode?
I also don't have this option in the goggles menu.
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_IV0wqXcpX2qP
lvl.1
Russia

Any news about switching goggles to FPV?
Still no option, still no new firmware.
2021-3-31
Use props
Paul T.
lvl.1
Russia

I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

What I did to get it back:
1. Connected the goggles to PC, DJI Assistant 2 FPV DJI (logged in with my own account, not DJI_aftersales). (goggles still not activated, no switch option)
2. Updated firmware to the latest 01.01.0000 (for today).
3. Unpluged it and connect to DJI Fly mobile app (logged in with my own account), goggles icon appears on the right bottom corner.
4. Started the FPV drone (friend's one) and bound it to my goggles. Activate process started and done successfully (there was some network errors, but finally got through after 10-15 tries).
5. Connected the goggles (activated and bounded to the drone) to PC again, and unlocked the drone following the steps on https://b3yond.d3vl.com/ (it's for free).
6. Rebooted the goggles. Done! There is option to switch to FPV.
7. Bought these guys a coffee. They're awesome!

As I understood from the site, this hack sends a command to DJI FPV Drone that changes its region to US, unlocking full radio power on the drone (from 25mw to 1400mw).
That's why people in US don't have this issue with disappeared option to switch to FPV mode.

Long story short, if you have fpv drone, you just have to unlock it on d3vl site.
And if you don't have one, you have to find someone who has, bind his drone to your goggles, activate the goggles and unlock the drone.

But keep in mind, connecting your drone back to DJI Fly App will reset the region on your DJI FPV Drone to its default.

Hope this will help.
2021-4-1
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

In a future update, will the problem of having to associate the DJI FPV drone to the goggles every time when switching to FPV mode be fixed ?

Thank you very much
2021-5-8
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edited wrong location
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced