Video Stutters
1075 8 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pritch01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all, I am new to the forum and this is my first post so take it easy on me!

I have recently purchase a Mini 2 and took it out for its first flight last weekend. The drone has a SanDisk Extreme Plus 128gb Micro SD V30 / 3 A2 memory card fitted.

During the flight I noticed a couple of times a stutter between the movements where the video appears to not keep up with the drone. This happened when the drone wasn't recording so it would therefore suggest that it isn't a lag with video being written to the memory card.

It also happened when I was recording footage and at the time I wasn't sure if it was just the drone momentarily losing connection to the controller. However, when I reviewed the footage the stutter had been recorded.

I was not far from the drone and in fact probably about 100m below it and about 100m away from it distance wise when this happened so I can't imagine it's a signal issue.

The drone had the latest firmware at the time although a new firmware was available when I checked today.

Sample videos below. I have clipped the videos so that the issue occurs about 5 seconds in on both videos. Everything after the first 5 or so seconds you can disregard as the issue only happens once in each video. As you will see, the stutter occurs both when rotating and just flying in a straight line.
https://streamable.com/2oi0wd

https://streamable.com/vebtz8
Has anybody experienced this or can shed any light for me?

Many thanks.

2021-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Why not post the footage so we can see?
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pritch01. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2021-3-4
Use props
Pritch01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Morning both, apologies, I didn’t get chance to upload any sample videos last night but I have just this now and added links into the original post with explanation.

Be good to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again.
2021-3-5
Use props
Pritch01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 19:21
Hello there Pritch01. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, original post updated with links. Many thanks.
2021-3-5
Use props
Pritch01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 19:21

Can you comment on my issues at all? Thanks
2021-3-8
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I use the memory card which you are say myself in a GoPro with 4k60FPS - the SD card is fast enough for the DJI Mini2.But have you already formatted the SD card in the drone via the APP?
In which resolution and frame rate do you record?
Try this also with 50 / 60FPS or set the yaw rate under control with extended gimbal control e.g. in cinemode to 6 degrees / second, then even at only 25FPS when rotating around its own axis, no more stuttering should be seen.
Why there are dropouts, however, I find very strange - that shouldn't happen!

2021-3-8
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Is that the orginal video from your sd card, looks like you edit it.
2021-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14068337 ft
Sweden

It looks like you are panning too fast. Try gong slower and see what it looks like. Real cinematic. It looks ok when you are going straight forward.
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules