Software bug: recenter does not work in follow + selfie mode
653 9 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

The recenter function in follow mode brings the lens in a horizontal position. This works in normal mode. It does not work in selfie mode.

Switch on the camera in normal mode, select follow mode, hold the camera in a diagonal position and press two times the function button ('recenter'). The lens will move upwards in a horizontal position. Repeat the procedure in selfie mode: the lens will not move.

Consequences:

I use the camera with a breast strap. Therefore it can work only in selfie mode. The adjustmend of the lens in horizontal position can only manually be done, which is of course not very accurate.

2021-3-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Have you got face tracking on?  This I think will (logically) inhibit recentering.
2021-3-4
Use props
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

No face tracking. This would prevent the recenter function in both cases, in normal mode and in selfie mode, wouldn't it?
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Mic4711,

In follow or tilt locked mode.Recenter pitch angle is different between facing front and selfie:

When facing front, recenter makes camera point at horizon.
When selfies recenter makes camera perpendicular to the screen, which is intuitive for selfie (just like how we use smartphones)

For breast strap, I understand what you want. plz try to use tilt lock mode to avoid too much pitch angle adjustments...
The recenter for facing backward is mainly for the selfie case.

2021-3-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's an interesting answer, and makes sense.  I learn something every day!
Here's an alternative suggestion - which I can't fully test as I don't have a chest mount -

1 - Have the camera in normal position, not selfie, set to tilt lock.  Recentre.  Check that picture is as required on the screen.

2 - Press and hold the button to the right of the joystick, release once the lock symbol appears at the top of the screen.

3 - Rotate the handle clockwise (has to be that) until the screen is facing away from you.  The gimbal head should hold its postition.

4 - Short press the button to the right of the joystick or the function button to unlock and revert to tilt lock.

I hope this makes sense.  But I may be misunderstanding the detail of the requirement.
2021-3-5
Use props
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

I know about the advantage of tilt mode and I use it. Thank you. But the tilt mode does not help me to adjust the horizon. Currently I use the wifi connection. I still do not understand, why DJI has implemented two different recenter modes. A camera is not a smartphone and the lens of a smartphone cannot be adjusted, neither horizontally nor vertically. You understand, It would be a great advantage for hiking and walking with the camera at a breast strap.

PS: some more infomration; you understand, I intended, to apply the camera to the breast strap, open mimo app. select follow mode, press recenter and finally select tilt mode. It works in normal mode! The result, would be is a very good view. Currently, manually done and checked with mimo app, the angle of the lens is sometimes too small or too big. And it takes more time, if you are not in a flat environment.

It is an advantage against action cams!

2021-3-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I just tried my suggested method and it does work when used with the Mimo app, but you can't see the lock symbol - that shouldn't be a problem.  

I disagree with your comment about the centering when in selfie mode - if you have the camera at (say) chest height when recentring in selfie mode, and it recentered in the normal  way, it would point at your chest, not your face.  Intuitively you would hold the camera at chest height with the screen facing you (so the camera would be tilted) and then recentering brings your face into the picture, which is what you want, and that allows face tracking to work (not that well, but that's another subject!).
2021-3-5
Use props
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-5 00:56
I just tried my suggested method and it does work when used with the Mimo app, but you can't see the lock symbol - that shouldn't be a problem.  

I disagree with your comment about the centering when in selfie mode - if you have the camera at (say) chest height when recentring in selfie mode, and it recentered in the normal  way, it would point at your chest, not your face.  Intuitively you would hold the camera at chest height with the screen facing you (so the camera would be tilted) and then recentering brings your face into the picture, which is what you want, and that allows face tracking to work (not that well, but that's another subject!).

I am not quite sure, whether we have some misunderstanding.

My complains deal about follow mode. At first, the lens head in selfie and at second in normal  position. In normal position everything is OK. That was, what I expected in selfie mode, too. Unfortunately the holder applies the display straight forward. It is not appropriate for selfies. Thus the cam can only work in 'selfie' mode but records the landscape. OK?
2021-3-5
Use props
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

The procedure I chose, first follow mode, recenter, tilt mode is not necessary. The tilt mode at switch-on is sufficient. When tilt mode is set, when the cam is switched on the lens will be adjusted to the horizon. That's, what I wanted.

The issue with this function, it does not work, when the camera is mounted in a selfie mode position at a breast strap. I have another mounting, worked for two hours on it with a nail file and...
[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://abload.de/image.php?img=djipocket21bkgd.jpg%5D[/url][/img]
Software issue fixed by hardware.
2021-3-9
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done! Clever fix.
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced