12574 8 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
njN7cOaj5eMK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well, not off to a great start here. I must admit the instructions included to get this thing fired up were not very clear. Reguardless, I got it activated, was required to do a firmware updates across the board, and the one for the drone (01.01.000) has failed both on the DJI Fly app and on DJI Assistant.

Multiple attempts to retry the firmware with no luck.

Has anyone encountered this or have some ideas?
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, njN7cOaj5eMK. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Make sure that the device has sufficient power before updating firmware. Before performing an update, make sure the Intelligent Flight Battery is at least 43% charged and the goggles battery and the remote controller are at least 30% charged. You can also update everything separately using the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series).
2021-3-6
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11953209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Running into the same exact issue, have spent over 5 hours now trying to figure this out. Absolutely ridiculous, I have owned the mavic 1, mavic 2, phantom 4, phantom 4 pro, Inspire 2 and its never been this difficult.
2021-3-6
Use props
njN7cOaj5eMK
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

It was due to a battery that wasn’t fully charged (the headset). The warning message is in mandarin and needs to be updated to English.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_AzFAeiSLPQEJ
lvl.1
United States

Identical situation. Dropped over $1700 for package and the motion controller (to be delv'd) and I've spent the last 5hrs trying to troubleshoot this damn thing. It is 100% unacceptable that I cannot manage to even get this system operational, nor am I able to speak directly with a member of the DJI team for support after dropping that kind of money. I bought a Mavic 2 Air a few weeks back which I will return along with this FPV package if I prompt resolution doesn't find me.  
2021-3-6
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11953209 ft
  • >>>
United States

My issues were that I couldnt update the firmware on the goggles v2, fpv drone, and controller. I have all devices on and the headset plugged into my phone with the DJI FLY app open. I think the issue was my controller was less than 75% charged? Everything else was 100% other than the controller and it kept failing.

My recommendation is make sure EVERYTHING is 100% charged. Make sure the DJI Fly app (on iphone) is V 1.3.0. or higher. All of this fixed my issues and allowed me to do the firmware update!

If you are using a android or have problems with activation please refer to Mad's Tech video that he uploaded today! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6YorEXLEI

Good luck everyone.
2021-3-7
Use props
njN7cOaj5eMK
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

There’s no doubt there is ALOT of room for improvement here with firmware updates.

- It seems like all devices need to be at 100% to update anything
- There’s no indication of what is updating (I had everything updated then tried to connect the motion controller and suddenly it appears the goggles needed an update).
- Warnings are not in English

This is really going to be a poor experience for a lot of people coming over from the Mavic series  
2021-3-7
Use props
PlanetTen
New

United States

After hours of research and more failed updates than I care to think about I finally sound the solution. The secret is in the controller going to sleep. Make sure to go into the settings for the controller and switch the sleep mode from the 1 minute sleep to 30 minutes. As soon as I did that I was able to use the DJI Assistant 2 software and updated both of my controllers without an issue.
2021-11-11
Use props
fans0f505cc7
New
Finland

PlanetTen Posted at 2021-11-11 14:55
After hours of research and more failed updates than I care to think about I finally sound the solution. The secret is in the controller going to sleep. Make sure to go into the settings for the controller and switch the sleep mode from the 1 minute sleep to 30 minutes. As soon as I did that I was able to use the DJI Assistant 2 software and updated both of my controllers without an issue.

Where can you find this setting? I couldn't find this from Goggles V2 Settings anywhere?
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules