Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI-Team,

got the DJI FPV Wednesday, very exciting, but I'm a little disapointed, that there aren't any settings in the Virtual Flight App Simulator for fine tuning the stick sensivity / Rates / Expo. For my taste, the controls in the App are way to sensitive and dont't translate well to the real world flying in M-Mode. Hoped to substitute Liftoff for training Acro-Flight with the DJI FPV Controller and Goggles, but that's not really possible this way.

So please give that a high priority for an update of the Virtual Flight App, thanks!

2021-3-6
Use props
jcheverie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282339 ft
United States

I can't get that app to open...I downloaded to my iPad mini but it won't open past the language settings... What gives?
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, skyscope. Thanks for reaching out! We do appreciate your ideas and suggestions to improve the current functionality of the DJI Virtual Flight App and we're happy to forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Virtual Flight App. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-3-6
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

The app is worthless for FPV training. You can't fly any FPV drones like in liftoff.  Flying DJI FPV even in manual in the app will do no good as far as FPV training goes.

You can check DRL sim though it's one of the best for FPV training and works with DJI FPV controller.

2021-3-7
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Originalas Posted at 3-7 01:35
The app is worthless for FPV training. You can't fly any FPV drones like in liftoff.  Flying DJI FPV even in manual in the app will do no good as far as FPV training goes.

You can check DRL sim though it's one of the best for FPV training and works with DJI FPV controller.  

Thanks, Originalas, I already trained in Liftoff with a Taranis RC, but I would like to use the Goggles and above all the DJI FPV RC, to get used to the small sticks. And using the iPhone App is more convenient and possible on the go....
2021-3-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 23:20
Hi, skyscope. Thanks for reaching out! We do appreciate your ideas and suggestions to improve the current functionality of the DJI Virtual Flight App and we're happy to forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Virtual Flight App. Thank you for your continued support!

Thanks for listening!
I was going to write exactly the same as skyscope (see above).
Also it would be nice to integrate angle mode.
2021-3-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Exactly my thoughts. I would like angle mode as well. The learning curve for me is too high. Might even have to start training m-mode with the drone way up and with my finger on the stop button...
2021-3-8
Use props
Riwak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 996506 ft
France

Hi

I have exactly the same need as skyscope - At the moment the Virtual Flight App is not realistic enough on Stick Settings / Rates to be a relevant training tools !
2021-3-26
Use props
Soleir
lvl.1
United States

Same experience here, the Virtual Flight app is useless with no sensitivity settings.

With the default settings it feels like you're flying a Beyblade.
2021-4-7
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

skyscope Posted at 3-8 03:31
Thanks, Originalas, I already trained in Liftoff with a Taranis RC, but I would like to use the Goggles and above all the DJI FPV RC, to get used to the small sticks. And using the iPhone App is more convenient and possible on the go....

The DJI FPV Drone RC works just dandy with Liftoff. Plug the RC to your PC with the included USB cable and you're good to go. That is what I have been practicing/training on. Should also work fine with DRL Sim as well.

Don't need to train on goggles at all, I spent 5 hrs in Liftoff in PC learning how to fly (never owned or flew any flying RC vehicles before in my life) and was doing power loops and aileron rolls by my third drone flight.
2021-4-7
Use props
Oz80
lvl.1

Australia

I was using the DJI virtual flight simulator and I can actually flip and roll with no throttle.  Is this normal in real flying as I wouldn't have thought so?  
2021-4-8
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you DJI, for listening to our customer feedback!
Very nice implementation of the rate settings in Version 1.1.0. And with the curve visualisation it's also now better understandable how center stick sensitivity works in conjunction with expo. Thanks!
2021-4-20
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Yes it looks like the latest app update allows rates to be changed.  
Even though it says 60fps, I still think this is not correct (using the goggles... seems jittery and easily get dizzy compared to real life flying)
90F50950-5EAD-44A7-BD76-888EA8A55B4D.png
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules