Pan/Yaw lock
597 13 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

I fixed OP2 on small dolly for shooting product & the distance is about 6" from subject. The dolly move in perfect circular mode (orbiting) the product & I want OP2 to keep focusing on subject while the dolly move. OP2 keep on panning the lens & even failed to track subject in tracking mode. The only way to get the best shoot is by locking the "pan/yaw" but I can find how to do it. any idea how to lock the "pan" function?
2021-3-6
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Right button on the controller will lock the gimbal, you can also do active track on the object that should solve the problem
2021-3-6
Use props
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

Active track is useless. Can't continuous focus at subject 360°. Right button locked the lens at certain compass position & useless for my shooting
2021-3-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"Lock" means fixing relative to the scene, not the handle.  It sounds like you need the opposite of lock, namely FPV mode.
2021-3-6
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Right he needs to unlock so gimbal is free to track the subject as it orbits around the subject. FPV mode with active tracking should work.
2021-3-6
Use props
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-6 13:12
"Lock" means fixing relative to the scene, not the handle.  It sounds like you need the opposite of lock, namely FPV mode.

What I want is lock to handle because I don't have any other camera accept my OP2. It is very simple feature which DJI technical team don't know how to do it :p
2021-3-7
Use props
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

Ranjan Posted at 3-6 19:23
Right he needs to unlock so gimbal is free to track the subject as it orbits around the subject. FPV mode with active tracking should work.

The pan mode will still move & will  get a weird video footage
2021-3-7
Use props
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

I hope DJI get the idea what i want to achieve with this video sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSuQpiE1lo
2021-3-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

For that, FPV mode is the nearest thing that a gimbal camera will do (really, a gimbal camera is not the tool for the job).  Play around with the follow speed setting (set it to fast).  And tracking might help.  

The whole point of a gimbal camera is that all movements are smoothed.  That's why there's no way of turning off the gimbal system.
2021-3-7
Use props
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-7 23:15
For that, FPV mode is the nearest thing that a gimbal camera will do (really, a gimbal camera is not the tool for the job).  Play around with the follow speed setting (set it to fast).  And tracking might help.  

The whole point of a gimbal camera is that all movements are smoothed.  That's why there's no way of turning off the gimbal system.

Even I want the yaw to be locked, I still want the pitch to function. If DJI can lock the pitch but yaw is still in function, why don't they just reverse it? It will make OP2 more better.
2021-3-8
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Rony Finster Posted at 3-8 01:48
Even I want the yaw to be locked, I still want the pitch to function. If DJI can lock the pitch but yaw is still in function, why don't they just reverse it? It will make OP2 more better.

What you need is different circular slider on which the camera is moving pointing exactly at center all the time.
I just tested with FPV mode & object tracking & it works fine till 180° after that tracking is lost.
2021-3-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Something like this could be useful, if available. Some time ago, I tested shooting footage on Pocket 2 while driving a car, having a tripod on the backseat and the camera pointing towards the windshield. On one hand, the stabilisation worked mostly brilliantly (certainly no bumps on the front view, it acted as if the car itself moved around the camera ), but on the other hand, when coming to a turn, the pan was a bit lagging, making turns look a bit jerky. I think that would be fixed if there was the ability to lock the pan axis but keep the other ones enabled. Well, guess you can't get everything. But the footage was still quite fine. :-)
2021-3-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Was that on the "fast follow" setting?
2021-3-8
Use props
Rony Finster
lvl.1

Malaysia

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-8 18:53
Was that on the "fast follow" setting?

Not too sure about that. But I have tried many ways including FPV with slow/fast follow but it will pan. Imagine how close the macro lens to small subject & i want to get the smoothest movement as possible.  The OP2 lens is very small compare to others type of camera & it should be advantage to shoot close subject while orbiting.
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules