Compass Calibration
1113 8 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronerCy
lvl.1

Cyprus

Hello to everybody.

Today i went to an empy field in the country and i took some shots and videos with my drone Phantom 4 pro, BUT a message was keep appearing from the time i switched it on in red that i need to Calibrate my Compass. i did rotate 360 as instructions said but was keep telling me about error and i have to do it again and again. its very weird cos no cables no mettal objects or cars was there, i tried to calibrate it again once the message keep appear in another area and at my house but keep saying that. any suggestions?
i still did fly the drone, was working fine with out problems.

Thank you in advance,
A.
2021-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you have a constant warning to calibrate the compass and calibration doesn't work, you might have a disconnected compass (usually a broken wire or loose connection).
Look at the compass section on the Sensors page of your app settings to see what it tells you.
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DronerCy. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please check again the location wherein you're calibrating the compass. DO NOT calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground. It is also suggested NOT to carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration such as cellular phones.
2021-3-7
Use props
DronerCy
lvl.1

Cyprus

Thank you everybody for the instand replay.

No interference was written to the sensors state ( picture was taken at nigh when i powrr it on at my bedroom. At the nature fields was 1 to 2)  no electricity wires. No cars. No cellphones around. But was keep showing me. The warning. And when try to recalibrate them was an error and tell me to recalibrate. I dont know whata wrong with it. Is there any way to check about the cable you mention in the first comment?

Drone fly perfect btw. But the warning still there. Shall i do a reinstallation of firmware maybe?
Screenshot_20210307_000152_dji.go.v4.jpg
2021-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DronerCy Posted at 3-7 03:19
Thank you everybody for the instand replay.

No interference was written to the sensors state ( picture was taken at nigh when i powrr it on at my bedroom. At the nature fields was 1 to 2)  no electricity wires. No cars. No cellphones around. But was keep showing me. The warning. And when try to recalibrate them was an error and tell me to recalibrate. I dont know whata wrong with it. Is there any way to check about the cable you mention in the first comment?

There is no warning showing in your screenshot.
Where it shows Calibrate Compass in blue, is what you touch if you wanted to calibrate the compass.
It is not a warning or instruction.

If your Phantom is flying perfectly, there is nothing wrong with the compass.
Don't reinstall anything, just go and fly it.
2021-3-7
Use props
DronerCy
lvl.1

Cyprus

Labroides Posted at 3-7 06:12
There is no warning showing in your screenshot.
Where it shows Calibrate Compass in blue, is what you touch if you wanted to calibrate the compass.
It is not a warning or instruction.
The screenshot i send before dont show the message..  The screenshot is about to see that compass is working without interference.. the message is on red banner  and controller beeps sometime...  Saying that i have to calibrate it.  I apologize for my poor. English.
2021-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DronerCy Posted at 3-7 06:34
The screenshot i send before dont show the message..  The screenshot is about to see that compass is working without interference.. the message is on red banner  and controller beeps sometime...  Saying that i have to calibrate it.  I apologize for my poor. English.

Look at where the drone is when you see that message.
If you put the drone down on or close to steel, like on a reinforced concrete surface or a wooden deck with bolts close to the drone.
If it's bringing up the message because steel nearby is interfering with the compass, there's no need to recalibrate.
Just power off and move the drone away from the steel.
2021-3-7
Use props
DronerCy
lvl.1

Cyprus

Labroides Posted at 3-7 19:17
Look at where the drone is when you see that message.
If you put the drone down on or close to steel, like on a reinforced concrete surface or a wooden deck with bolts close to the drone.
If it's bringing up the message because steel nearby is interfering with the compass, there's no need to recalibrate.

I allready said. I am out at the nature.. Nothing to do with metal objects around. It shows the error where ever i go. In the same area i have been many times and was ok.

I did an firmware refresh last night. A general resetnof the drone. And It seams ok now..  I will try it later to see if is still ok.

Thank you for all the responses.
2021-3-7
Use props
fans1f608518
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176460 ft
United States

I  am also having this same issue with the Calibration. Have you found a reason behind all this? I'm mapping and new home development. It is an open area and still can not calibrate my P4Pv2. Any advice???
2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules