New Mini 2 firmware and new DJI Fly app version tested
773 8 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Today tested the new firmware of Mini 2 and the new DJI Fly app version.Mobile phone used Samsung S8+ with Android, in airplane mode.

Everything was fine, the Mini 2 was stable, signal was strong and didn't notice any drifting.
Finnaly DJI realized that the software needed improvement!

Golf course...

Sem Título.jpg
Sem Título1.jpg
2021-3-6
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Nice thanks for sharing!
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice,  did you also test the range with the new firmware?
2021-3-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing your good news.
2021-3-7
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 01:53
Nice,  did you also test the range with the new firmware?

Hi DAFlys!
Usually I don't fly long ranges, but this time I went to 1536 meters without any problem, in city environment.
The landscape is populated area, buildings with lots of Wi-fi connected, that I try to avoid, with swaths of terrain with trees and empty terrain that I follow to avoid any damage of an hypothetical crash.

2021-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 3-7 07:35
Hi DAFlys!
Usually I don't fly long ranges, but this time I went to 1536 meters without any problem, in city environment.
The landscape is populated area, buildings with lots of Wi-fi connected, that I try to avoid, with swaths of terrain with trees and empty terrain that I follow to avoid any damage of an hypothetical crash.

Well that sounds pretty reasonable,  there's been many complaints about loosing the connection lately.
2021-3-7
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 07:40
Well that sounds pretty reasonable,  there's been many complaints about loosing the connection lately.

Yes, I also had a problem with connection between the RC and the Mini2 before the DJI Fly 1.3.0 update.
After updating to DJI Fly 1.2.4, at 1,5 meters from the RC and a height of 4 meters I had the Mini2 disconnecting the video link, in the first 3 flights, with consequent 3 RTH without being able to avoid them.
This happened in 3 different locations, I reported it and DJI put the blame on the customer (me).
After the Fly 1.3.0 update, nevermore happened.
With this firmware update never had a connection problem until now and tested it nearby communication towers, in a golf course and also in city environment.
Have nice flights!
2021-3-7
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

videoeditman Posted at 3-6 18:44
Nice thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the appreciation.
2021-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 3-7 07:51
Yes, I also had a problem with connection between the RC and the Mini2 before the DJI Fly 1.3.0 update.
After updating to DJI Fly 1.2.4, at 1,5 meters from the RC and a height of 4 meters I had the Mini2 disconnecting the video link, in the first 3 flights, with consequent 3 RTH without being able to avoid them.
This happened in 3 different locations, I reported it and DJI put the blame on the customer (me).

Thats great news,   I normally fly M2P but just ordered the Mini 2 to take advantage of the EASA loop hole it falls into where as the M2P is renegaded to open countryside these days.
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules