Unable to transmit firmware to aircraft via MAC.
2309 13 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eusjan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I noticed that when I try to reload my firmware via the MAC, it sees the drone and connects and downloads but I can't transmit the firmware to the drone, it gives a time out, same as with downloading the flight records.
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-07 om 13.55.05.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-07 om 13.56.31.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-07 om 13.56.51.png
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Eusjan. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please make sure that you're using the V2.1.0 of the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). If the problem continues, restart both your Mac and the aircraft then test it again.
2021-3-8
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Obviously I tried all of that, Version is the latest as well.
2021-3-8
Use props
Alex_fpv
New

Russia

I have the same problem, RC has updated but air unit and googles update resulted in error. (Mac issue)
2021-3-8
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

How do you know it is a MAC issue? My other Air units, controller and Goggles do the updates normally.
2021-3-8
Use props
fans7d49b745
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have restarted multiple times, same issue on my mac. I'd really like them to resolve it.
2021-3-9
Use props
Jon-wales
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39692 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same issues, RC updated, but goggles and FPV would not

Ended up using the DJI Fly app on phone to update

Must be an issue with the MAC software
2021-3-10
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same issue using big sur
2021-3-10
Use props
ApexRising
lvl.1
United States

Having the same issue on two different Macs which are both running Mojave.

I suspect this has to do with the software extension that the assistant installs called HoRNDIS. This seems to be a bit of software designed to tether Macs with Android phones, apparently DJI uses is as well for the drones.

A bit sad that DJI didn't test this and that answers are sparse.

Someone, anyone, please advise.

I literally can't fly my new $1,500 piece of equipment due to this issue.

2021-3-10
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Same problem here. Please DJI, get your act together and figure this out.

As posted above:
I literally can't fly my new $1,500 piece of equipment due to this issue.

Edit: managed to get everything connected and working. Use the little adapter cable that comes in the box, attach it to the goggles, attach a usb A to phone connector, turn on everything (yes, the controller and the goggles and the drone) and connect the plug to your phone - the DJI Fly app should see it all and you can activate it and update things. You'll have to update the drone, which takes a LONG time.

2021-3-10
Use props
emil.northlane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178825 ft
Sweden

Try reinstalling the software and the driver, reboot and go directly into system preferences / security /general and unlock/ allow the driver. It does not say "DJi", it says something else.. but after that it worked for me running Catalina.
2021-3-11
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

I run Catalina, I did the same thing with the driver... Thx
2021-3-11
Use props
dwestbury_505
lvl.1
United States

I cannot get firmware to transmit to my Brand New FPV using a Mac, running macOS 11.4 Big Sur
So, it's basically useless, and will not fly. The camera does transmit to the goggles, which also recognize the remote, but that's it.
The prop motors will not start?

> I have downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant v2.1.1 on my Mac
> After installing, I did a complete cold-reboot of my machine
> I have made sure my drone battery is fully charged
> My system detects the drone when it's powered on and let's me attempt to install firmware
> It has to download the firmware again from the internet EVERY time I select this option, but it gets stuck at 0% Transmit every single time??

Separately, I've tried to install firmware from my iPhone XR, using DJI Fly
> However, this doesn't even DETECT my Drone?

Pretty miserable experience here... Hoping support options are available, given how expensive this thing is??
Should have shipped with some BASELINE firmware to at least fly?

2021-6-6
Use props
fansb6c5ee79
lvl.1
United States

dwestbury_505@msn.com Posted at 6-6 09:11
I cannot get firmware to transmit to my Brand New FPV using a Mac, running macOS 11.4 Big Sur
So, it's basically useless, and will not fly. The camera does transmit to the goggles, which also recognize the remote, but that's it.
The prop motors will not start?

OK, I made progress...

I found the GitHub page for the HoRNDIS project and read through the some of the support opinions.

I found a helpful post that suggested the following:
1. Disable System Integrity Protection by Entering macOS Recovery:
> Restart the Mac and immediately press and hold the Command and R keys. Release them when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or another startup screen displayed. (Do not use a wireless keyboard)
> Go to Utilities > Terminal on the menu bar and type "csrutil disable", and then press Enter
> Restart the Mac

2. Install the latest version of DJI Assistant 2, then go to System Preferences > Safety and Privacy > General and agree to the installation

3. Restart the Mac and check under System Preferences > Network to see if the HoRNDIS network adapter is present on the left-hand side (see the image which shows what a correctly installed adapter should look like)
> If the adapter is not installed, open a terminal window on a normally booted Mac and execute "sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext"

4. Launch and run DJI Assistant 2 to install firmware to your Drone...

5. Reenable System Integrity Protection
>  Repeat the same procedure as Step 1 to enter macOS Recovery
> this time execute "csrutil enable" in the terminal and then press Enter
> Restart the Mac

2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules