DJI OSMO ACTION - Condensation inside Screen from rain!
1653 1 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joshua is here
lvl.1

Colombia

Hi, I am hoping somebody can advise me.

I bought a Second DJI Osmo action whilst my first one was getting repaired for water damage. So, you can imagine what I thought when I used the brand new camera in a damp / Misty cave environment and concentration formed inside the front screen!

At no point was the camera submerged in water, but it did get water droplets falling on it, very much like rain.

I quickly dried the camera out and now it functions fine, however, I am scared to get it wet. Certainly not to take it into the water - Which is really what I want it for! I have an Osmo pocket for when water isn't an issue.

It there any way that I can get the Camera tested for water resistance? - And resealed? My thought is that the water is leaking in the joint between the 2frount faceplate and the mane body. There seems to be a gap here that isn't on my other model which has recently been returned.

Many Thanks

Joshua Wait.
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Joshua Wait, Just to clarify, in some rare circumstances, condensation behind Osmo Action’s front screen may occur when the device starts to heat up during normal operation. This does not affect the product performance and the fog will disappear naturally without leaving any marks.
To eliminate the fog quickly, you can place the product in a dry area. If you are going to use Osmo Action underwater or in rainy days, please make sure the battery cap is locked properly with dry hands. Thank you.
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules