4794 7 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJM1989
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391693 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

I am curious if any of you have an issue with your Mini 2 pulling to one side on full-forward? I have noticed that after takeoff and hover if I apply full throttle forward only and nothing else, the Mini 2 pulls to the left under acceleration. Weirdly, seems to pull the other way in the opposite direction. I've not extensively tested this yet, but if I head out East, it pulls left and if I head out West, it seems to pull right. I've calibrated the compass. IMU hasn't been asking for calibration and the drone hovers stably in the air with no other issues with movement or maneuvrability. It is a brand new drone (few weeks old) and has never been in any kind of accident. Curious if this could be normal or if there is an issue? I watched the video playback and viewed the subtitles to see the GPS positioning, and you can clearly see the GPS coordinates changing slightly one by one as the drone moves forward, but with no directional input, only forward input. Any theories or suggestions?

thanks!
2021-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id check the props and would probably test by replacing them on the same side as its pulling.
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TJM1989. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above please try to check the propellers of your DJI Mini 2 and please calibrate the IMU of the said DJI drone for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2021-3-8
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

My MM1 pulls a bit to the right from the day one. It's not a lot but if a fly in a straight line for more than 20 sec i have to adjust. I tried all possible calibrations (compass, IMU, controller) but in the end learned to live with it.
2021-3-8
Use props
TJM1989
lvl.2
United States

Interesting, I did all of the above today (except change propellors) and now the drone pulls right instead of left! So I am assuming it can't be a propellor issue? It seemed to go fairly straight the first time after all calibration, but then started pulling right. I calibrated IMU, controller, and compass.
2021-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we see a video or a log file of the "problem"? How much drift are you seeing? All of mine drift slightly to one side according to the wind direction and strength.
2021-3-8
Use props
TJM1989
lvl.2
United States

Absolutely, this was the pre-calibration flight. You can view the subtitles and see the turn in the GPS Coordinates. This was stick forward only in Normal Mode. I can't seem to download the flight log file, but it depicts the aircraft as flying in a straight line without any turn either way. The wind was under 5mph this day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9iy1i ... 4K%2030FPS.MP4?dl=0
2021-3-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use the airdata.com site for analysis of the .txt file. The phantonhelp site is not fully working right now. Just post a link to the log in airdata.

Any chance the camera was offset manually?
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules