SD FORMATTING
10223 4 2021-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bHcuoCKm9SHM
lvl.2

United States

I've had a couple of sd card errors and even one flight that it only picked up the last 50 or so shots.  I am wanting to reformat the sd card to give it a fresh start.
Any advice on this?  Fat 32? NTFS?  Do i need to replace any files or folder structure?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
2021-3-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, you don't need to replace anything.
Just format in your computer using its default settings for format.
Or do it in the drone.

But it might be a good idea to do some testing with that card.
It might have a problem that formatting doesn't fix.
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_bHcuoCKm9SHM
lvl.2

United States

Labroides Posted at 3-8 13:51
No, you don't need to replace anything.
Just format in your computer using its default settings for format.
Or do it in the drone.

Thanks for the reply. i think i am gonna order another one, and replace it
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that if the SD Card is formatted, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while the SD card that is larger thank 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT file system. Thank you.
2021-3-8
Use props
Mark_2
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-8 19:31
Hello there Mark. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that if the SD Card is formatted, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while the SD card that is larger thank 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT file system. Thank you.

thank you.  Can you give me some guidance on the procedure on formatting the card in the drone?  I had the controller and the drone on and connected .  I chose GS RTK and tapped the 3 bars in the upper left corner.  there was an icon for a sd card at the bottom but it has a red x.  Do i need to format the card in the controller?

Thanks for all the help.
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules