762 7 2021-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PowerfulOwl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190430 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,

I've had my DJI Mini 2 for a little over one month, I've already clocked up close to 60km. In that time the video footage has been flawless, until today.
Today while flying I noticed video stutter on my phone screen, initially I thought it might have been signal lag but it has been recorded that way and is evident in the footage.

I've read about the stutter when panning at higher FPS which is a known issue with solid state cameras, however this stutter occurred even when I was flying straight ahead at slow speeds. Really not much rapid scenery change happening as you'll see this in the example footage linked below:

https://streamable.com/lfr0du

Settings are:
2.7K 30fps
128GB Sandisk Extreme V30 A2
No filters

It occurs at exactly the same time points on every device (TV/PC/smartphone). It is not a playback issue.This seems like a fault to me but I would love to hear your thoughts and appreciate any help/advice you can offer.
Please help and thanks in advance!

2021-3-9
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066709 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like something is wrong with the sensor/gimbal. No hard wind? Even then this would be weird.
2021-3-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That's not a stutter, which usually indicates a throughput problem, but rather a failure to stabilize horizontal movement, which indicates a gimbal or balance issue. If the issue persists the I'd recalibrate the gimbal and check the props for balance, looking for things like grass/hair wrapped around the prop shafts. If it doesn't persist, then maybe it was due to gusty winds at that altitude. Good luck!
2021-3-9
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

That seams to be an unbalance in the drone. If you have the drone standing still with props going just like before taking off, do you still have that vibration then or only when you are flying?
2021-3-9
Use props
PowerfulOwl
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the replies so far!

There was no noticeable wind while flying that day. I will recalibrate the gimbal and then run a test just hovering to see if I can reproduce effect.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PowerfulOwl. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please inspect whether there's any dust or debris that could be blocking or prohibiting the gimbal to work freely. After that, kindly perform a gimbal calibration before doing another flight test. We would recommend to observe whether this only occurs when you're flying at a high altitude.
2021-3-14
Use props
PowerfulOwl
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post back with an update... I performed a gimbal calibration and have retested and the issue has not reappeared. It seems to be fine after the gimbal calibration.

Thanks for the advice and help to solve this
2021-3-23
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Glad you got it working!
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now