Wrong fly mode at cold start the App, drone and RC.
1603 14 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Hi DJI Support and Everybody!

Discovered a small problem at our wonderful drone.

After the drone and RC is turned on, it works in mode "Normal", regardless of which mode is selected by the fly mode selector switch.

For repeating problem:
1) Switch off all: drone, remote control, close app DJI Fly.
2) On remote controller select mode "Cine".
3) Open DJI Fly, switch on the drone and RC, fly up.

On DJI Fly screen written "C mode", but drone fly and rotate with speed how in mode "Normal".

On RC, select mode "Normal" and next "Cine".
Drone fly with "Cine" speed.

DJI FLy 1.3.0, FW 01.02.0300
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Have you just found this out? I would read more posts/ threads if I were you. This matter has been covered lots of times.
2021-3-10
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Russia

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 04:41
Have you just found this out? I would read more posts/ threads if I were you. This matter has been covered lots of times.

The problem has been going on for a long time, application versions are changing, but DJI does not solve the problem.
Show me, please, the main topic and I'll delete  message. I didn't find it.
2021-3-10
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

I'm sure DJI stated that the drone will start in Normal mode which ever mode selected at start up ? Only change the mode via Remote once drone is in the air?
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blithe74 Posted at 3-10 04:51
The problem has been going on for a long time, application versions are changing, but DJI does not solve the problem.
Show me, please, the main topic and I'll delete  message. I didn't find it.

I'm sorry if I caused any offence. All I was trying to point out was that there isn't any problem. It is a Dji design parameter as whiteghost stated in his post.
2021-3-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If this was a deliberate design feature, then it is a very poor one. The operating mode of any device should never conflict with a switch setting without some kind of warning. Being a retired EE with 45 years experience, I would never have allowed that FLAW to go to market. I suspect there are safety concerns, but that should be indicated by some kind of message to that effect. Something like "Switch not set to Normal....correct that now before takeoff is allowed".
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Blithe74. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will for ward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 20:19
Hello there Blithe74. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will for ward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

Thank you for your support. We hope that DJI will finally fix this problem.

2021-3-10
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Russia

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 08:13
I'm sorry if I caused any offence. All I was trying to point out was that there isn't any problem. It is a Dji design parameter as whiteghost stated in his post.

No, I wasn't offended.
Cine is the smoothest mode of drone flight.
The switch is in "Cine" mode. The program screen says "C-mode". However, the drone is fly much faster than it should be.
As GaryDoug correctly pointed out, should not be conflict between required and provided modes of operation.
Imagine in your car the gearbox lever is in the "first speed" position, you start the car, smoothe press the accelerator pedal... The car is torn out off place at a speed of 120 km/h... And not forward, but to back.    Is this a mistake or a design feature?  
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blithe74 Posted at 3-10 21:27
No, I wasn't offended.
Cine is the smoothest mode of drone flight.
The switch is in "Cine" mode. The program screen says "C-mode". However, the drone is fly much faster than it should be.

Using your analogy, the drone on take- off would fly backwards as you moved the control stick to move forward. That is not happening. Maybe it's just me being ultra cautious but I tend to check all settings before actually starting the motors. This includes manual items ie switches, sd cards fitted etc as well as electronic parameters on the RC display.This does take extra time and I lose a little bit of fying time which I am prepared to accept. I love flying this little machine and previously had (and still have) other drones which are so much more unstable to fly and lacking in range and have inferior camera output. We could go on debating further our thoughts on this matter but where I do agree with you, and others on here, is that I would like a more defined speed difference between Cine and Normal.
I guess that might invite other more experienced flyers telling me that I have all I need at my fingertips and that I should control the speed at which I require. Point taken, but it would be good to have a steady slow speed at maximum stick input. Wouldn't it be great if drone manufacturers, not just Dji, could give everyone what they wish for in their ideal drone. Until that day arrives, I will fly very cautiously I hope and keep a careful eye out for trees and builings that jump out in front of my little Mini 2. Stay safe!
2021-3-10
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

GaryDoug Posted at 3-10 19:36
If this was a deliberate design feature, then it is a very poor one. The operating mode of any device should never conflict with a switch setting without some kind of warning. Being a retired EE with 45 years experience, I would never have allowed that FLAW to go to market. I suspect there are safety concerns, but that should be indicated by some kind of message to that effect. Something like "Switch not set to Normal....correct that now before takeoff is allowed".

I would strongly agree to this and more over it's an interesting design and engineering case.

They created the problem/challenge by designing in a switch and now they need to track status on it on boot up and replicate across drone and app. Had it just been a push button to rotate modes they would not have had the problem and could also always force users to start in normal mode.

2021-3-11
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Russia

Turfolk Posted at 3-11 00:09
I would strongly agree to this and more over it's an interesting design and engineering case.

They created the problem/challenge by designing in a switch and now they need to track status on it on boot up and replicate across drone and app. Had it just been a push button to rotate modes they would not have had the problem and could also always force users to start in normal mode.

There are absolutely no problems with tracking the switch position  (2, 3, 4..N positions) and variable resistances.
In the application, the position of the switch on the screen is displayed correctly "C-mode". However, the developers forgot to apply the appropriate settings.
2021-3-11
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Russia

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 23:57
Using your analogy, the drone on take- off would fly backwards as you moved the control stick to move forward. That is not happening. Maybe it's just me being ultra cautious but I tend to check all settings before actually starting the motors. This includes manual items ie switches, sd cards fitted etc as well as electronic parameters on the RC display.This does take extra time and I lose a little bit of fying time which I am prepared to accept. I love flying this little machine and previously had (and still have) other drones which are so much more unstable to fly and lacking in range and have inferior camera output. We could go on debating further our thoughts on this matter but where I do agree with you, and others on here, is that I would like a more defined speed difference between Cine and Normal.
I guess that might invite other more experienced flyers telling me that I have all I need at my fingertips and that I should control the speed at which I require. Point taken, but it would be good to have a steady slow speed at maximum stick input. Wouldn't it be great if drone manufacturers, not just Dji, could give everyone what they wish for in their ideal drone. Until that day arrives, I will fly very cautiously I hope and keep a careful eye out for trees and builings that jump out in front of my little Mini 2. Stay safe!

How "I check settings before to fly ..." will help You in this case?
Switch stay in "Cine" mode position,  on screen written "C-mode", but the flight speed and reaction to sticks does not correspond to the established mode.
I specifically gave a vivid and understandable example with of a "similar design solution" that was supposed to change your mind "the problem does not exist." But each to their own. The ability to independently adjust the sensitivity of sticks and the speed of the drone is a good idea. May be DJI make it inthe future.
2021-3-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blithe74 Posted at 3-11 00:36
How "I check settings before to fly ..." will help You in this case?
Switch stay in "Cine" mode position,  on screen written "C-mode", but the flight speed and reaction to sticks does not correspond to the established mode.
I specifically gave a vivid and understandable example with of a "similar design solution" that was supposed to change your mind "the problem does not exist." But each to their own. The ability to independently adjust the sensitivity of sticks and the speed of the drone is a good idea. May be DJI make it inthe future.

Checking settings before I fly means that the 3 way switch is always set to Normal before take-off therefore I have no need to do 'double switching when flying.  Again using the car analogy, you make sure your car is in the correct gear before switching on engine don't you. You don't set off in 3rd or 4thgear because you know it's not the correct thing to do.
For those who have never driven a 'manual gearbox' car then maybe they woud try it but if they have passed their driving test on such a car then they would know to start the engine whilst in neutral/park. Can we 'agree to disagree'. I don't perceive it as a 'problem' whereas you may do. Stay safe! Good health.
2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Blithe74 Posted at 3-10 21:03
Thank you for your support. We hope that DJI will finally fix this problem.

Hi there Blithe74. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other issue or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules