DJI FPV - Controller loses connection
4347 10 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi guys,

I have a strange issue, which I cant find anything about on the forum or internet.

Let me start by saying that I activated the drone, goggles and controller and have made some flight allready.
Within those flights, i`ve had 4 RTH emergency moments.

3 times my controller lost connection. And the 4th time my goggles lost connection, wich made the screen go black before it booted again and worked properly.

The strange thing is, before flight..

I start the drone
I start the goggles (wich connect properly)
I start the controller, it doesnt want to connect.

I power down the goggles, than the controller connects.
I power up the goggles, the controller disconnects. So its either one of them.

Tried pairing all the devices multiple times now. Did multiple firmware refreshes.

Im out of ideas at this moment... Hope somebody can help.

2021-3-10
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

I have this same exact issue. I wish I had a solution for you.

DJI wants me to ship the entire FPV combo back at my own expense... Their customer service has left a lot to be desired. I spent $2.3k and they can't even humor me with troubleshooting.

The only difference between our problems is I've never been able to connect both the controller & goggles, the problem existed since day 1. Whereas you've had all three work properly before?

Seems to me like the controller is having issues sharing the radio connection; it can connect to only one device at a time. Personally, I'm considering some more invasive troubleshooting methods.
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

0xdeadb33f Posted at 3-10 12:05
I have this same exact issue. I wish I had a solution for you.

DJI wants me to ship the entire FPV combo back at my own expense... Their customer service has left a lot to be desired. I spent $2.3k and they can't even humor me with troubleshooting.

Thank you! Hope you`ll find a solution aswell.

Wow, thats some customer service...You would say for the money you`ve spend on apparantly a fautly device they would cover the shipping costs.

Yes, ive got them to work on multiple occassions. Did you try to connect and fly the drone outside of your house? If not, try that...

What are your invasive methods you can up with?

Im going to try the controller from a friend of m ine. We`ve bought two DJI FPV`s.
I`ll let you know if his controller does the same.
2021-3-10
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-10 12:51

Wow, thats some customer service...You would say for the money you`ve spend on apparantly a fautly device they would cover the shipping costs.

I've tried outside of my house, but not necessarily in an empty field.

I want to try and perform some sort of hard reset. First I'd like to try disconnecting the power source. If that doesn't work there's likely some reset switch or Pin on the PCB
2021-3-10
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-10 12:51

Wow, thats some customer service...You would say for the money you`ve spend on apparantly a fautly device they would cover the shipping costs.

Got my hands on a second controller, everything works how it should have. Wasn't able to even attempt to open the original controller, DJI has taken extensive efforts to prevent disassembly. I guess we lucked out & received bad units, nice quality control on DJI's part...
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Happy in a way for you though. Now you know. Will you send the whole set back like they asked?

I will try the second controller today. I'll let you know.

Did you have fun flying?
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

0xdeadb33f Posted at 3-12 18:48
Got my hands on a second controller, everything works how it should have. Wasn't able to even attempt to open the original controller, DJI has taken extensive efforts to prevent disassembly. I guess we lucked out & received bad units, nice quality control on DJI's part...

Tried a second controller, and every paired without problems.

Ive returned the complete package, and will receive a new DJI FPV tonight.
2021-3-18
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-13 00:07
Happy in a way for you though. Now you know. Will you send the whole set back like they asked?

I will try the second controller today. I'll let you know.

I actually crashed the fpv while using the controller; I had a good time though. So I am sending the FPV back; but for different reasons

2021-3-18
Use props
DJI_FPV_Roy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Oh sh*t ! That sucks big time.  In manual mode ??
Man, hope the bill isnt to high
2021-3-18
Use props
user08e7dc3e3d
lvl.1

Poland

Hello, today I crashed my DJI FPV drone, and I replaced the right arm, but the connection between the drone, goggles, and remote controller is not established.
2023-10-16
Use props
fansb0159189
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7910364 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me causing my brand new fpv to take off at full speed and eventually come crashing down through the roof of someone's shed.  After contacting dji and even sending them multiple copies of the video of the entire flight they basically told me to go fuck myself and they weren't concerned about the 600 dollars I just flushed down the toilet of there corporate office.  Totally let down.  I have spent thousands on every model drone they sell.  Unbelievable
2023-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules