3951 12 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone seen the sub-title option to record / display the telemetry info like gps, flight time and other info as subtitles?  It's available on other models; wondered if it's possible with the FPV

Ian

2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ian in London. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, this option is not available for the DJI FPV.
2021-3-13
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 05:18
Hi, Ian in London. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, this option is not available for the DJI FPV.

Thanks for confirming.  I know it's a first release but there are so many functions missing, including not even being able to set a precise max altitude of 400 ft / 120 m (it steps up from 100m to 200 m), so I'm hoping  there's a major update soon...

Thanks again
Ian
2021-3-13
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ian in London Posted at 3-13 06:23
Thanks for confirming.  I know it's a first release but there are so many functions missing, including not even being able to set a precise max altitude of 400 ft / 120 m (it steps up from 100m to 200 m), so I'm hoping  there's a major update soon...

Thanks again

Oh yes!   
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ian in London Posted at 3-13 06:23

Thanks again

You're welcome and thanks for understanding. We're still checking other functions that we could add to the next update and we'll forward your feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-3-13
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

How come some users do have SRT files when recording with the DJI FPV? See these samples: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... EBTHPF6DsZkNt-S_mMc
2021-4-8
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 4-8 09:08
How come some users do have SRT files when recording with the DJI FPV? See these samples: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15uD1W7VxAAEv9EBTHPF6DsZkNt-S_mMc

"See these samples"
That is so cool!
I need to figure out how to turn that on in my drone. Thanks for sharing.

There are likely other options, but the first app I found to open the file was at this site. If any of you know better options for using these files, I hope you share them.
2021-4-8
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Here's a screen grab showing one of the files displayed using the "Satellite" background. DjiData.JPG

Very very cool! Thanks @0Kajuna0
2021-4-8
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Spain

That's my website :-)

I don't have a DJI FPV, but I'm really interested in knowing if anyone has found out how to enable the subtitles, so I can provide accurate information on the site.
2021-4-9
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 4-9 06:08

I don't have a DJI FPV, but I'm really interested in knowing if anyone has found out how to enable the subtitles, so I can provide accurate information on the site.

"That's my website :-)"

Very very cool. Thanks for making that available to us.

I have two of the new FPV drones. I'll try to figure out how to make sure SRT files are turned on. I'll be glad to run any experiments you want me to try.
2021-4-10
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 4-9 06:08

I don't have a DJI FPV, but I'm really interested in knowing if anyone has found out how to enable the subtitles, so I can provide accurate information on the site.

"if anyone has found out how to enable the subtitles"

The FPV drone is my first DJI drone so I'm not familiar with the normal way to retrieving subtitles. I have found I can download logs from the goggles using the DJI Fly app. This log data can be accessed using airdata.com's app. I haven't found a way to converting this data to a SRT file. I don't know how the telemetry data from the FPV compares with other DJI drone data.

This thread requests DJI adds SRT file output. I thought I'd link it to the SRT request thread to help people find where this topic is being discussed.

If anyone doesn't know how to access the data logs in the goggles, I shared what little I know about the topic in this post.
As I mentioned in the other thread, the original DJI log is a TXT file but the data  isn't in a human readable form. Perhaps these files have the data needed to produce a SRT file if a converter program was written?

Let me know if you want to see any of the files produced by the FPV drone.
2021-4-13
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Spain

Duane Degn Posted at 4-13 16:22
"if anyone has found out how to enable the subtitles"

The FPV drone is my first DJI drone so I'm not familiar with the normal way to retrieving subtitles. I have found I can download logs from the goggles using the DJI Fly app. This log data can be accessed using airdata.com's app. I haven't found a way to converting this data to a SRT file. I don't know how the telemetry data from the FPV compares with other DJI drone data.

Ah. Yes. The logs from AirData are better than the SRT ones. More accurate and include more data streams. See this video made with them, for example:

The advantage of the native SRT logs is that they are synced to the video, whereas the other logs are synced to the flight. So if you are trying to overlay the data on the video with the AirData ones you need to sync them manually.

I will comment on the other post you linked, just to get notified if anyone finds out why the SRT logs option was removed from the DJI FPV.

Thanks for the research!
2021-4-13
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

"The advantage of the native SRT logs is that they are synced to the video"
Thanks for educating me on the different sorts of data.

That overlay is just the sort of stuff I dreamed of when I started trying to fly radio controlled aircraft 40 years ago. I had to settle for a film camera strapped to the bottom of an airplane with a radio controlled shutter release. Technology has gotten much better and much more affordable.
2021-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules