Best wind protection ?
3516 8 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John on a Bike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What do people recommned to stop the wind noise on the Osmo Action Camera ?

I have tried a few different things like mic foam but it does not stop all the wind and if I use that and the built in function which is good it then gives me a weird under water sound

So what do people recommend for best results

2021-3-11
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Micro windjammers.
Also make sure to cover top microphone as that's the culprit of the water echo distortion from wind!
2021-3-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

suprized  DJI  can not get the actual pocket 2 wireless mic to work with the oA, I use a wireless go but it is a quite expensive alternative?
2021-3-11
Use props
John on a Bike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BoozaWooza Posted at 3-11 07:38
Micro windjammers.
Also make sure to cover top microphone as that's the culprit of the water echo distortion from wind!

Ah right I will have to look out for them... they are the fury things right ?

So how would this work with the case ?   I wish they had just put a tripod screw on the bottom instead of having to use these daft cages. My last Sony had one so left the camera bare and I could easily add wind stoppers to the mics
2021-3-11
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

John on a Bike Posted at 3-11 08:50
Ah right I will have to look out for them... they are the fury things right ?

So how would this work with the case ?   I wish they had just put a tripod screw on the bottom instead of having to use these daft cages. My last Sony had one so left the camera bare and I could easily add wind stoppers to the mics

YouTube search - wind filters osmo action David Harry.
Re cages, yes it's a pain. So I upgraded to the newer Smallrig cage which allows access to all ports and doors. So have fixed windjammers to microphone points. Also fixed a foam cover for double wind protection!
2021-3-11
Use props
John on a Bike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BoozaWooza Posted at 3-11 11:27
YouTube search - wind filters osmo action David Harry.
Re cages, yes it's a pain. So I upgraded to the newer Smallrig cage which allows access to all ports and doors. So have fixed windjammers to microphone points. Also fixed a foam cover for double wind protection!

I'll do that thank you
2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there John on a Bike. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Osmo Action. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members on how to minimize or stop the wind noise on there DJI Osmo Action. Thank you.
2021-3-11
Use props
BOTG0MTB#
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BoozaWooza Posted at 2021-3-11 07:38
Micro windjammers.

There is no mic on the top thats a speaker.
2023-3-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

BOTG0MTB# Posted at 3-19 08:30
There is no mic on the top thats a speaker.

the Mic is aboce on top by the lend, on the top other side is a light, on the side is the speaker, for this topic in the OSmo Action
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules