Fly app interface
822 8 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armando80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848524 ft
Netherlands

I've been watching a couple of YouTube video's and on most of them in the center bottom of the screen there is an indication of the relative position of the drone to the controller. How to enable that? It doesn't show on my iPhone with the latest version of the Fly app. In the attached screenshot there's an indication of what I mean (screenshot taken from YouTube).

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-12 om 14.03.59.png
2021-3-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

That is the old style directional icon, the new one is accessed in the lower left. Click it to open up and to switch from map view to a similar icon with slightly different features.
2021-3-12
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Netherlands

videoeditman Posted at 3-12 05:41
That is the old style directional icon, the new one is accessed in the lower left. Click it to open up and to switch from map view to a similar icon with slightly different features.

Thanks, I’ll try that the next time I fire it up.
Just by clicking the map? Doesn’t that just make the map fullscreen?
2021-3-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Lower right hand side a small arrow, click it, pictures on link below.
directional icon
2021-3-12
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Netherlands

videoeditman Posted at 3-12 05:52
Lower right hand side a small arrow, click it, pictures on link below.
directional icon

Cool, thanks a lot!
2021-3-12
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst on this subject there is something I don't understand about the current functionality.. Why does the app start with a small square in the bottom left that shows nothing.. When you press it you then open up the small map.. And then another press to get the compass. But you can't get back to the small square icon again.. So why does it start like this?

It could be argued that it declutters the display.. But if that was intentional, why can you not go back to the original state.. It just seems odd to start with an icon which offers no functionality.

Am I missing something?
2021-3-12
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Have you been living under a rock? How would you not know the app has been updated and thus, also the aircraft indicator. Maybe you should take up a different hobby, no?
2021-3-12
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

That one has been gone for months...I liked it as well. The new one takes some getting use to be is pretty cool
2021-3-12
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Netherlands

BaliSkies Posted at 3-12 12:10
Have you been living under a rock? How would you not know the app has been updated and thus, also the aircraft indicator. Maybe you should take up a different hobby, no?

Maybe because I've only owned a drone a couple of weeks. No need to write in such an offensive manner... Keep it calm mate...
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules