Brand new OM4 just stopped working
474 2 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deny
lvl.1
Brazil

I have just lost a shooting opportuniy, location, model, everything because this piece of garbage just refused to work. I turned it on and it kept flashing the green LED.

It had a near full charge, all 3 white LEDs were lit.

I have performed several tests at home and it did fail to get out of standby once before, but turning it off and on again solved the problem.

This thing is a cellphone accessory, it should JUST WORK. It's bad enough that I had to use an iPhone for upgrading the firmware because it JUST DOESN'T WORK ON ANDROID, now this is inexcusable.

OM4 is a USELESS piece of TRASH, it's going back and I am NEVER buying anything from DJI again.
2021-3-12
Use props
RolandSchlangen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17861 ft
Netherlands

I suggest readin the manual and doing your research before buying. It is not just a cellphone accessory; it's a weel engineered piece of hardware. Upgrading the firmware can be done using an android phone. No need to use an iPhone. If you read the manual and view some YT vids than you'll notice that there are numerous people who enjoy the OM4. But hey, if you want to send it back, please be my guest.
2021-3-13
Use props
Deny
lvl.1
Brazil

RolandSchlangen Posted at 3-13 09:27
I suggest readin the manual and doing your research before buying. It is not just a cellphone accessory; it's a weel engineered piece of hardware. Upgrading the firmware can be done using an android phone. No need to use an iPhone. If you read the manual and view some YT vids than you'll notice that there are numerous people who enjoy the OM4. But hey, if you want to send it back, please be my guest.

You've lost me at "well engineered". Yes it's going back and I've already bought another gimbal, one that actually works. In fact I got a bit carried away and also purchased another gimbal for my mirrorless and DSLR cameras, and guess what? None of those are from DJI, or will ever be.
I have read the manual before use, and watched countless YT reviews before buying, none of that helped, and apparently neither did you as you obviously don't have an answer to my issue (well not just mine as I've found out after googling around), in fact no one seems to have a solution to the problem and I suspect a lot more angry reviews are yet to come.
2021-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules