USB Cord plugged in backwards/Controller
1002 8 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zuhlster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334662 ft
United States

I recieved my Mavic Air 2, was excited of course, but got very frustrated that I could not connect the App to the phone/drone.  
I finally found a post somewhere that the person with the same problem turned the USB C connection the opposite direction to make his work.  I tried it..CONNECTED!    Great relief that I can now fly my new Air 2.

The issue (albiet it a small issue) is that to pack the controller with the controller's phone holder all the way down, I either have to remove the cable or turn it the proper way to wrap and plug the lightening end into the blank space to the left of the C connection.  

Is there a fix for this so my life can be complete with as few inconviences as possible?
2021-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

You are wrapping the phone end of the cord clockwise around the chrome posts and then inserting it into the left slot, right???
2021-3-14
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 3-14 17:21
You are wrapping the phone end of the cord clockwise around the chrome posts and then inserting it into the left slot, right???

To keep the cord in place when storing, yes I plug the USB C cord into the right slot (as you look down on it as if you were controlling the drone) and wrapping it clockwise to plug the lighting cable end into the blank slot on the left.

For the controller to connect to the App on my phone, I have to turn the USB C plug the opposite way.  This direction does not allow for storing the cable under the spring loaded holder.  

The attached photo illustrates the direction I have to plug in the USB for connection to work.
Is this how everyone else has to plug cord in for a connection?   I would have thought it should work either direction.
USBC.jpg
2021-3-14
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Sounds like a bad cable. USB C has a direction-agnostic connector, but there are still separate contacts for the two connector orientations, and one set of them is probably bad. I would contact customer service about replacing it.
2021-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Zuhlster Posted at 3-14 18:29
To keep the cord in place when storing, yes I plug the USB C cord into the right slot (as you look down on it as if you were controlling the drone) and wrapping it clockwise to plug the lighting cable end into the blank slot on the left.

For the controller to connect to the App on my phone, I have to turn the USB C plug the opposite way.  This direction does not allow for storing the cable under the spring loaded holder.  

No...on my RC the plug you have show is 180 turned so that the cord coming out of it is going towards the edge of the RC.  The RC plug should work in either direction since it's USB C...why yours doesn't work that way is beyond me.  
2021-3-14
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 3-14 19:48
Sounds like a bad cable. USB C has a direction-agnostic connector, but there are still separate contacts for the two connector orientations, and one set of them is probably bad. I would contact customer service about replacing it.

I have a charge cord that is USB C to Lightning.  Does the same thing, only works one direction.  Must be the controller port.  
2021-3-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only way to fix that is repair the port. Of course I would recommend DJI for that part. But that would be a little bit more of an inconvenience though.
2021-3-16
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

JodyB Posted at 3-16 20:29
Only way to fix that is repair the port. Of course I would recommend DJI for that part. But that would be a little bit more of an inconvenience though.

Maybe they will trade me the Smart controller...ha
2021-3-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

They should but I think you got to send yours in first maybe. You can always open a case and see what your options are before making any hard commitments
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules