How to land and unarm?
5769 7 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7d933bff
lvl.1

Canada

manual states.. When the Intelligent Flight Battery level is too low and there is not enough power to return home, land the aircraft as soon as possible. Otherwise, the aircraft will fall when it runs out of power, resulting in the aircraft being damaged and other potential hazards.

how do you land safely and unarm the drone in s or n mode without crashing or flipping the drone? Is there a auto land button?
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

you just lower the throttle stick to down position and hold it there until the propellers stop spinning. But before you do it, make sure you're not above the water and on relatively flat and unobstructed surface ...
2021-3-14
Use props
fans7d933bff
lvl.1

Canada

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 14:39
you just lower the throttle stick to down position and hold it there until the propellers stop spinning. But before you do it, make sure you're not above the water and on relatively flat and unobstructed surface ...

The thing is you have to hold it down for three seconds... which is pretty unsafe as holding it down means throttle down..  isn’t there a switch that just kills the motor immediately?
2021-3-14
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

fans7d933bff Posted at 3-14 14:59
The thing is you have to hold it down for three seconds... which is pretty unsafe as holding it down means throttle down..  isn’t there a switch that just kills the motor immediately?

tomekyo's advice is right, so I'm puzzled what is concerning you. Pulling the stick all the way down doesn't actually turn the engine off in mid-air, it just says "descend". As the drone gets close to the ground, the sensors are aware of the approaching surface and slow your descent so it lands gently. When you keep pulling down on the stick while the drone knows you're on the ground, that's when the drone will shut off the motors. It won't happen in midair.

If this doesn't address your concern, can you state more clearly what is making you worry? I might just not be getting it.
2021-3-14
Use props
fans7d933bff
lvl.1

Canada

John-_-D Posted at 3-14 17:35
tomekyo's advice is right, so I'm puzzled what is concerning you. Pulling the stick all the way down doesn't actually turn the engine off in mid-air, it just says "descend". As the drone gets close to the ground, the sensors are aware of the approaching surface and slow your descent so it lands gently. When you keep pulling down on the stick while the drone knows you're on the ground, that's when the drone will shut off the motors. It won't happen in midair.

If this doesn't address your concern, can you state more clearly what is making you worry? I might just not be getting it.

I’ve seen ppl flipping their drone on land on YouTube.  Holding down throttle for three seconds when the drone is already on ground is a bit long no?  That’s my only concern.  I don’t want to test it myself on a 2k drone which I can’t repair..

I just want to disarm the drone immediately when it’s on or near ground like hand built fvp drone in s/n mode.
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. There are two methods to stop the motors of your DJI FPV. First, when the said DJI Drone has landed, push and hold the throttle stick down. The motor will stop after three seconds. Second, when the said DJI Drone has landed, push the throttle sticks down, and perform the CSC that was used to start the motors. Release both sticks once the motors have stopped. Thank you.

2021-3-14
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

One my first flight in manual, a tried landing on concrete, it caught a propeller and then tore itself to pieces,  Nothing I could do fast enough to stop it right?   I only land in Normal mode henceforth.   

2022-3-12
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

fans7d933bff Posted at 2021-3-14 17:46
I’ve seen ppl flipping their drone on land on YouTube.  Holding down throttle for three seconds when the drone is already on ground is a bit long no?  That’s my only concern.  I don’t want to test it myself on a 2k drone which I can’t repair..

I just want to disarm the drone immediately when it’s on or near ground like hand built fvp drone in s/n mode.

"isn’t there a switch that just kills the motor immediately?"

In manual mode there's a button which will kill the motors when pressed twice.
In normal and sport mode, just keeping the throttle stick down after landing will kill the motors.

"I’ve seen ppl flipping their drone on land on YouTube."
Where they in manual mode?

The drone does not behave well when part of the drone is touching the ground. Take offs and landings should avoid having the drone barely touching the ground. Don't try to hover a few inches off the ground.

As long as you keep the throttle stick down as you land, the drone shouldn't flip. I've flown my drone hundreds of times and I've never had a problem when landing.

Don't try to disarm the same way you arm the drone. This can cause the drone to flip on the ground. Just hold the throttle stick down.
2022-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules