603 7 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pasod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6286 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got my Mini 2 about 10 days ago, havent had it in the air yet as I've been crazy busy lately But I did notice that the camera jog seem seem to be a bit twisted(?) i.e. not level so when I move it to the right you can feel how it kind of scrapes against something on the inside. Its not a smooth jog to the right, pulling it to the left is fine but not towards the right and you can kind of see how it seem not level when you look at it and jog it back and forth like it would be twisted but just slightly barely noticible to the eye.

I did sign up for care refresh but I dont want to waste a repair/replacement for something that came faulty, what should I do??

Thanks,
Patrik
2021-3-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you are talking about moving the camera horizontally, that is called 'panning' the camera. And it works by rotating the aircraft in the air, so until you get your aircraft in the air, it will not work correctly.

2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Patrik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we know if your DJI Mini 2 had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and can you please try to calibrate the said DJI Drone for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the gimbal is not level you can do an auto calibration or manually adjust it with instructions from here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2021-3-16
Use props
Dakster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378196 ft
United Kingdom

I think the Op means the scroll wheel on the controller, if so, sounds faulty. Hope you get a quick resolution Patrick.
2021-3-16
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 21:10
Hello there Patrik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we know if your DJI Mini 2 had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and can you please try to calibrate the said DJI Drone for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Ok some clarification..

Never crashed, its not been in the air yet. The aircraft is ok, nothing wrong with the gimbal.

I'm talking about the controller, the jog wheel or what you want to call it, left side of the controller to control the gimbal up and down. You scroll/pull the wheel to the left to move up and scroll/push to the right to move gimbal down.
This wheel when I push it to the right, the last 2-3mm you can feel its going against something.
I did test controlling the gimbal and its working fine its just that you got some extra resistance the last bit.

If that makes sense?

2021-3-16
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dakster Posted at 3-16 02:09
I think the Op means the scroll wheel on the controller, if so, sounds faulty. Hope you get a quick resolution Patrick.

Yep thanks, that's what I meant
2021-3-16
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An update from me if anyone would be interested. Contacted the support today and managed to explain what I meant and that its new, not yet used other than charging everything up (fly more kit).
Anyhow it did end up with a replacement so will be sending it back once I get the return label, feels silly to return everything when its just the controller.

Took a few pictures and a short video which shows things a bit clearer;

IMG_0759.jpeg The wheel is turned to the right, notice the lack of gap between the wheel and the controller chassi (upper right side of the wheel on the picture), also notice how skew/not level it is.

Short video:

Hopefully this process doesnt take long, never had to get something replaced (or repaired) from DJI.

2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules