M300RTK Enterprise Controller Pilot App Mission Save
4333 10 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Does anyone know of a way to create mapping missions other than using the small screen of the Enterprise Controller?

It's such a wonderful platform that it seems silly to be restricted to creating such complex missions on a screen the size of a large cell phone and not being able to share them in any way.

Is there any way to create a mission on an external computer ot even larger Android device, using DJI Pilot, then transfer the mission to the Enterprise Contoller for flight? If I hook up another Android tablet I would have a bigger screen, but then I'm wasting the entire Enterprise Controller becasue I can't get the mission moved.

Any ability to save missions outside the app would allow Google Drive transfer to other devices.

Is UGCS the only solution?

Suggestions appreciated.
2021-3-17
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
United States

Another reason it would be nice to be able to export missions is that you lose all your missions when you do an update

Really?
2021-3-26
Use props
OhneGurtKurt
lvl.1

Germany

You can use Qgroundcontrol for example. For free and very good features.
2021-3-27
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

Could create a kml using earth.google.com as a line (waypoint mission) or polygon (mapping mission) and then import to controller using SD card.

Still have to edit all of the mission specific settings in app though.
2021-3-29
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
United States

OhneGurtKurt Posted at 3-27 06:54
You can use Qgroundcontrol for example. For free and very good features.

Thanks for the suggestion

I don't see that it supports any platforms other that Mavic, but we're using a M300RTK
2021-3-29
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
United States

hoss_ Posted at 3-29 09:31
Could create a kml using earth.google.com as a line (waypoint mission) or polygon (mapping mission) and then import to controller using SD card.

Still have to edit all of the mission specific settings in app though.

Yes, that does bring in the basic shape of the area to be covered, but everything else is lost.

There are several screens of altitudes, image overlaps, margins, camera settings, etc that are lost if you use a KML to move a mission.

Trying to make a mission for someone else would be more confusing than getting them to start from scratch.

Thanks, though
2021-3-29
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

Could also plan the mission on an android tablet.

1. Download DJI Pilot for the M300RTK version on an android tablet such as Samsung Galaxy Tabs6 using the .apk from the DJI Pilot Download website.

2. Plan mission on tablet.

3. Export mission to SD card. (In mission planning where you can see all of your missions click on icon in top right and select missions to export).

4. Import to any smart controller using .kml import feature, this will be imported with all settings saved. Have done it with AI Spot Check missions.
2021-3-29
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
United States

hoss_ Posted at 3-29 16:47
Could also plan the mission on an android tablet.

1. Download DJI Pilot for the M300RTK version on an android tablet such as Samsung Galaxy Tabs6 using the .apk from the DJI Pilot Download website.

Hoss

Thanks very much for pointing this out. It's not only what I was looking for, its better than just being able to move complete missions around between devices.

For anybody else looking, turns out the mission export feature of DJI Pilot saves the KML with embedded parameters for every setting...

This format only makes sense to DJI Pilot, but that's all that matters. In Google Earth all you see is the outline of the mapping area.

KML files of this form can be transferred not only using the SD card, but also using cloud storage apps like Google Drive and even Bluetooth Direct Transfer.

What's even better than just being able to save and transport missions is that KML files are basically a formatted text file, so you can open any DJI Pilot exported KML mission file with something like Windows Notepad and make any modifications you would like.

Thanks again
2021-3-30
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

We use UGCS..
2021-4-17
Use props
fans03664bb8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23924 ft
United States

fans5b25584c Posted at 2021-3-29 09:51
Thanks for the suggestion

I don't see that it supports any platforms other that Mavic, but we're using a M300RTK

So if you do the mission plan and turn on terrain "relative to ground" you can set  up your whole mission.
Export it as a kml. Import into pilot as a waypoint mission. works sweet.
2023-8-15
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

I use a 27inch screen plugged into controller and USB mouse. It does the trick for us. KML is prepared into our mission planning software.
2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules